Mountain Lion on the loose - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Mountain Lion on the loose

On the 10pm news tonight there was a report of a panther on the loose being seen by several people. I live basically at the foothills of the Ozark mountains, even though its pretty flat right here in town. Go a few miles north and you're in rolling hills with millions of acres of woods.

Some people had the cat on video and a Missouri Game Warden who saw the cat estimated it weighed 60-70 pounds. I have never seen one in the wild but I have heard one scream at night! Its very wild sounding, very shrill and mean. The night I heard it with some friends, my buddy's big-mean Rottweiller was crying like wimp wanting in the house. He knew that cat could take him out with one paw! We let the dog in...and ourselves too! ha ha

The cat in the news was about 70 miles from me. You hear about people spotting them around here (northeast Arkansas) and a little further north.

Just thought that would be something neat to read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Cat Addict

I was going to say, I've heard of them showing up in residential neighborhoods here in Missouri. Is it that uncommon that one is on the loose?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

I guess it is...it was one of the top 5 stories on the broadcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 02:22 PM

smart rottie....i've head a shrill/scream before and man it terrified me and my grandparents. I'm from ga and and my grandparents live in the mountains but in a subdivision and when we heard the cat we all freaked out. but we only heard it that one night guess it was either across the lake or it went somewhere else. my grandfather though kept all his animals inside for a while and only let them out to do their business for a whole month. but it was never seen or caught. smart cat i guess.

~bekki and daizy~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page