FELINE PINE? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

FELINE PINE?

I just bought a bag of this. Does anyone have cats who use it? It looks and feels soo different from other cat litters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Cool Cat

Some cats don't mind it, but my cat took one look at it, glared at me, and pooped on the floor next to the litterbox (she's a bit opinionated...typical torbie). Some cats just never get the hang of pellet litters, others adapt just fine.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I've recently switched Dylan to something similar - Wood based pellets and its the best one so far in my opinion.

I initially tried clumping which clumped most of the bloody box every time he pee'd then crystals, which worked well except any excess "liquid" just sloshed around in the bottom and the yellowness isn't pleasant

So far this one is best for keeping smells away and there's never any puddles of urine in the bottom when I change it and it doesn't stick to the litter tray or Dylans paws at all. It's pretty cheap too.

Only drawback if any is that Dylan gets over enthusiastic with digging sometimes and the lil bits of sawdust need hoovering up

Hayley xx x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

did your ^^^ kitty take a while ato adjust? I put a thin layer of Feline Pine in my cat's litter box then covered it with teh regular litter. When they dig and encounter the Pine my cats look at me like, "is this woman on crack?" but they continue to use the litter box just fine. The idea is to gradually phase old, dusty litter out.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 05:38 PM

I had a similar experience with Feline Pine as did Gudewife: Indigo went the whole day without using it then when it must have become really urgent she urinated on our bed . She similarly rejected World's Best Cat Litter (she has been used to clumping clay for over 6 years now). So I switched back to clumping clay and am currently running 2 boxes as litter comparisons - EverClean in the one (both cats love this for the texture I presume, and I love the clumping factor), and my latest reject has been ExquisiCat in the other. They use this, but less than the EverClean, and I find it doesn't clump as hard. I plan to try Precious Cat next as I do need something slightly cheaper than EverClean that I can either mix in or alternate to reduce the overall cost.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Cat Addict

I had no problems switching all three girls. They went one boxload as a transition, with half and half, and when I filled it with straight pine the next time, they were just fine.

To my knowledge, anyhow. I hope I don't discover surprises one of these days...

Lisa
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:36 PM

yeah i tried the pellets and my cats absolutly hated it lol. they **** on the floor! but i dunno my cats are quite picky...i don't really think that it should matter. lol.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 01:43 AM

I use 1/2 Good Mews pellets and 1/2 clumping sand. The pellets really cut down on the odor.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Not really but overall Dylan is VERY accomodating

When I went to the breeders place to pick Dylan I knew I didn't want a hyperactive cat and I had a choice of three. Dylan's two silver brothers were play fighting and Dylan was sat on my knee as i sat cross legged just watching them as if to say "what on EARTH are you guys doing?!"

He was just sooo laid back and mellow. I guess my choice paid off because he adapts pretty well to most things. I was able to just switch his liter straight away with no problems really...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page