check list - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

check list

ok
As some may know, I am bringing home a purebred himalayan home May 9th(12 weeks old)

Here is what I have so far:
2 cat trees
EXTREME AMOUNT OF Scoop Away Litter ~Fresh Scent
Nail Clippers
Tephlon coated Med. comb
Royal Canin Baby Formula Food(4 month supply)
Ceramic Food Dish(quantity 2)
Drinkwell Fountain
Pet Coupe Carrier
Cat "edible grass"
2 Cat Beds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What am I missing?????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

-A cuddley fleece blanket....cats love fleece! The fuzzyness (is that even a word? haha) feels like their momma's fur and they sometime nurse on it and it makes them very happy.

-Two cat trees is wonderful! Spoiled little kitty! Maybe get a few toys such as mice and balls too.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Jr. Cat

more stuff

A first aid kit. I know, that's something you probably don't want to think about... but better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it

I'm not sure exactly what goes into these (I really should have one mysefl!), but probably Google-searching would bring up some specifics.
Off the top of my head, these are good things to have:
gauze padding
medical tape
Neosporin (I use this for Paizly's leg stub, when it gets dry and cracked in winter)
tweezers
bottled water (to clean wounds)
towel
scissors
a list of phone numbers & addresses... your regular vet, an emergency vet (even if it's not close.. my closest one is about 10 miles away, and takes 20 minutes to get there in GOOD traffic...but it's better than having to wait over a whole weekend or something like that), maybe a poison control 'specially for animals hotline (not sure if there is one...would be nifty, though!)
um... and... anything else that might be useful!

~~~
I may be crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

ok I AM A DORK
Yes I have a Fleece Blanket-- bought just last week... didn't add it to the list, sorry--- she has a scratching post in her "room", and a fleece blanket in on her "perch"(of MANY PERCHES BUILT INTO THE WALLS OF THIS 4th BEDROOM OF OUR HOUSE!!!!!--- oh how I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU ALL----- I PROMISE I WILL GO GET A CAMERA AND SHOW ONLINE ASAP --- she has a fleece blanket put onto a ledge adjacent to the window, a ledge my husband built for my baby--- she has many "ledges in this room"(will post pics Soon as Possible)

Also not added to the list
I bought a "grass plant" made for cats------I already "sprouted" the seedlings... obviously too early-- gonna have to buy another one!!! I got too excited and planted it 2 weeks ago..........

My kitten has her own bedroom-- her litterbox will be in her "closet" (of the "bedroom"... I am putting a homemade-Siscal-mat in THE ENTIRE GROUND OF THE CLOSET OF THE BEDROOM- INCLUDING UNDER THE LITTERBOX(still haven't bought the litterbox--- shopping around)

Sorry--- I have 2 "human children"health reasons... nevermore children from my womb........... and this is my 3rd child (I FEEL IN MY HEART)... I cannot have anymore "human" children...... this next cat wll treated just like it was my 3rd "human" child.....{also GARYmy very young kitten-rescue will be joining my homestead, will show pictures-ASAP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~Tangent----- also in my QT's room will be her "PETS"

she will have an aquarium of a African Drawf Frog(SPIDERMAN) &Rosy Goldfish(very old,-name PSYCHO), a feeder tank below my Angellus, {A Hypomelanistic Corn Snake}(hatched 7-02-2004), & another smake-tank

all will be "cat proof"(((((will show pictures of my QT's ENTIRE room COMPLETED by MAY 9th, 2005 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HERE ON CAT FORUM!!!!!!!!)))))))
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Premier Cat

If your new additon is a kitten remember you
shouldnt use clumping litter.
The only thing missing I can see is a digital
camera so you can document your new kittys
first days cuz we all want to see it.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned

Zoom Groom.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 10:36 AM

Shampoo and conditioner - you will want to bathe him every month so it is a must!

P.S. Conditioner makes their hair sooooo much nicer to brush - it's all silky so it doesn't tangle as badly.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:26 AM

2nd on Zoom Groom

Panic mouse too (hehehe)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned

Teaser w/ mouse or feathers on it, ear cleaning solution w/ cotton balls, don't know if the kitties will scratch so you might consider getting some soft paws, littermat, extra toys, etc. What kind of cat are you getting again? It looks like a Persian. Maybe some eye cleaning solution as well. A detangler brush for those hard mats too. Looks like a long haired kitty so maybe a wide toothed comb would be good.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the input!!!!
---- I will work on a "kitty 1st Aid Kit"
And will get that Zoom groom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page