Zoee keeps sneezing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Zoee keeps sneezing

For the last week or so Zoee has been sneezing. She doesn't have a runny nose or eyes. She will have a minute or so sneezing fit and then she will be fine...until it starts again. She isn't sneezing all day or anything like that.

Is there anything that causes this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Joey had this problem few days ago, took him to the vets to make sure he doesn't have upi and the vet gave me a pill to give to JOoey and he is all better now. It could just be the pollen the air, or he could just have a cold, take him to the vet just to be on the safe side, it might not be nothing at all.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Just take him to the vetrinarian to be sure like AlleyCats said. Keep us -posted on Zoee. Oh, AlleyCats, what is Upi? How is "Upi" pronunced?

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I think aleycats meant URI, upper respiratory infection.

Is Zoee a new cat? If she came from a shelter type environment its a pretty common thing to see coughing/sneezing. If she's been around a while and recently started this, it could be a URI or a few other problems.

I'd take her to the vet for a quick visit and see if he thinks its something to worry about.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO

Is Zoee a new cat? If she came from a shelter type environment its a pretty common thing to see coughing/sneezing. If she's been around a while and recently started this, it could be a URI or a few other problems.

I'd take her to the vet for a quick visit and see if he thinks its something to worry about.
Yup that's what i meant, sorry for the confusion....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO

Nope. Zoee is my 10 year old. I haven't made any changes since I got MAteo in January. Mateo had a URI when I got him....which all the kitties ended up with. All of them where on medication and it cleared up.

She doesn't have the runny nose or eyes that they had with the URI, just sneezing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Hm... it could be some sort of allergy or something in the environment of your home is bugging her. Dusty litter, bringing up a lot of dust and dirt with "spring cleaning" or anything like that.

But then if you haven't made any changes since January, I'm at a loss.

Maybe its just a fluke thing that'll go away in time, but if it doesn't stop or gets worse... you know what to do

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 11:45 PM

could be allergies.......sounds like what Connor had (and might be starting to get again) good luck! I hope your baby feels better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page