Just got home from vet from first urinary obstruction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Just got home from vet from first urinary obstruction

Howdy all
I have a quick question. I just got my cat home from a 2 day hospital stay for a urinary obstruction. Now that I have him home he is exhibiting some of the behaviors he did before i took him in, he is grooming down there a lot and standing by things like walls,etc holding his tail flexed like he does when urinating.

Most likely is this just from the sutures htey used to hold the foley catheter in? I know it is possible he is blocked again but i sure as heck hope not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

I also just checked the litter box and he is putting out urine so hopefully this is just from having the catheter.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
He's probably very irritated and sore. Its POSSIBLE that he could get reblocked quickly if there was a stone that didn't pass through the catheter, but I think the signs would be more dramatic.

As long as he's passing urine, its a good sign. If you have questions, definately call the vet he saw just to keep some reassurance and advice.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

I hope that's all it is.

Now looking at one of his eyes it looks like he is keeping it shut a bit with some watering,i hope he didnt get a **** eye infection. He was only at the hospital for 36 hours then the regular cat clinic for about 12.
Just his luck i guess.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Cat Addict

Sorry to hear about your cat, but I'm glad you recognized the problem and got him to the vet in time to fix it. Those blockages can kill so fast!

I had Sabby in the vet for under 8 hours and he caught an upper respiratory infection while he was there. I called them and let them know and they just let me pick up some antibiotics without bringing him back in. Perhaps yours can do the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page