cat throwing up after eating?????/ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

cat throwing up after eating?????/

Hello i have a 2 year old cat named Zoey, we have put her on a feeding schedule becuase she is a pig, (lol). We feed her a little hard food befor work and soft food after work. Tonite i came home and fed her and like a min after she started eating she threw it up>???? Any ideas Suggestions?

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Cool Cat

It sounds like regardless of the amount of food you put out she is gulping it down too fast. I've read several times on this forum that if you put obstructions in the food dish along with the dry food (golf balls or clean rocks) it slows down the eating process because the cat has to pick around the obstacles.

That would be one suggestion. Good luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I've read several times on this forum that if you put obstructions in the food dish along with the dry food (golf balls or clean rocks) it slows down the eating process because the cat has to pick around the obstacles.
I'm going to try that, though Winnie only gets wet food. Usually when she pukes it's because she has hairballs but I suspect she eats too fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Cool Cat

If it's wet food try spreading it thin throughout the bottom of the dish so she has to lick it as opposed to taking a mouthful of a chunk. That's what I do with Baxter because otherwise he inhales the wet stuff in a matter of seconds. It does slow him down somewhat.

Balls are questionable in a dish of wet food because if the cat ends up knocking the ball out and playing with it, you may have food all over your floor.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:35 PM

Also try putting her food bowl on top of a large book or something (like a yellow pages) it is easier for cats to digest food if they are not nuched over their food.

(Think how hard it would be to eat if you bent over to your waist and tried to eat like that)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21
Also try putting her food bowl on top of a large book or something (like a yellow pages) it is easier for cats to digest food if they are not nuched over their food.
Or just get those food holders that let the cats eat normally. Sort of like these dog dish holders:
http://www.cobbin.com/dog_dish.html
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Tom Cat

I agree with everyone else. One of our boys, Wittle, will do this occassionally. He just chokes down the wet food like there is no tomorrow sometimes. Last night we had haircuts after work, and got home several hours later than usual. In fact it was our normal bed time. The guys usually eat when we get home from work, then have a snack (turkey) before bed. Last night, they ate when we got home, and then we all went to bed. I took Wittle's usual amount of food and put it in his bowl chunk by chunk........to help slow him down.

I am getting better at anticipating when this will have to be done, but nonetheless he still has accidents occasionally.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page