Unexpected News from VET - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Unexpected News from VET

On monday the breeder of my little baby Himalayan brought the kitten in to get first round of shots/exam/fecal/etc....

After 5 minutes of CAREFUL EXAMINATION-- the vet determined my little GIRL QT is actually
a
BOY!!!!!

SO my little kitten now has a
PINK carrier.... hmmmmm

Ok... so the kitten will need a name change----- was going to be registered as Queen Tyning, nicknamed QT..... ummmm even though HE has a pink carrier--don't want to call him QUEEN......

So my family has decided on the registered name being either:
~HisRoyalHighness, Duke of Tyning or
~Duke of Tyning

still trying to decide on which is better

and the kitten will be nicknamed Gary...

__________________________________________________ ________
so------ I have a "companion" kitten also coming home VERY soon----- I have posted about THAT SITUATION on this site...... I "think" the one I picked out is a girl............ but we'll see-- I will let a VET tell me--- I don't trust myself to "guess".... I visited the newborn kittens on 4-25-05, they were 5 days old... I "think" the 2 grays were boys, 2 blacks were girls... they MAY be DSL or DLH--- The momma cat didn't mind me picking up her kittens--- I was lifting all the tails and lining up to compare........ kinda funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Good thing that you found out now... could have raised one very confused cat otherwise.

How come it would take a vet 5 minutes to determine the sex of a kitten?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Due to the age and size of kitten the Vet was very conflicted on determining the sex.... my poor lil guy is very small in his "manly area".... again, he was 10 weeks old at the vet appointment, and not a mature cat-- if he was a couple months older there would have been no doubt of the sex......

Himalayans are very fluffy....... and my baby is the sole surviving kitten of his litter of 4.. usually a breeder has an easier time determining the sex when comparing to littermates..... and the breeder was also shocked to hear my kitten was a he... I guess the breeder has rarely made this mistake before

the breeder even said if I didn't want him I could wait to get a girl kitten(due may23rd)... but NO WAY!!!!!! I WANT MY BABY!!!!!!!
anyway--- he is gonna be neutured--- and I was never intending to breed the cat(only reason I could see a person being upset by the "sex change")
I just will be quick to get the neuturing done before spraying starts-- that is the ONLY down side I could see in getting a male cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page