How mean is this - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
How mean is this

Poor Dylan He just spent the best part of 5 minutes trying to catch a fly only for his mean old Daddy to take it away before he could eat it because he "didn't spend that much money on a cat for it to eat germ ridden flies"

poor Dylan looks so cheated right now run

Hayley x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Premier Cat

Suki feels the same.
She cant understand why when we saw her attacking a bee we pulled her away from it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Cool Cat

Poor Dylan! He just wanted to catch a present for his mum and dad!

The other day, Binx spent about 10 minutes tracking a roach. I just left him alone cause I know they don't get the opportunity to chase anything but each other most of the time. When I came back in the room, there was the roach, laying dead on his back. And Binx and Skeeter looked proud of their "kill." They each got a treat and some love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
awwwwww bees are a tad different - I would def. object to Dylan eating one of them! But lil flies I don't worry so much about. Hehehe
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Banned

I'd do the same. I guess I'm just a "mean old daddy"!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Jr. Cat

Ugh!

It's good if cat's aren't allowed to play with flies. They're filthy critters! I heard there's about 6 billion bacteria (the bad kinds) on each leg of a fly! ICK!

My cat likes to go after spiders, but I won't let her. I'm afraid she may go for the wrong one (Black Widows and Brown Recluse is very common around here) and get sick. One of my friend's kitten died when he was about 10 weeks old, and we think it was from either a spider biting him, or him eating the spider.

If my cat(s) can't be happy playing with toys I buy (which I clean/disinfect regularly!), then that's their fault ;p

~~~
I may be crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Premier Cat

I do the same thing, I can't stand the thought of Velvet eating flies or insects of any kind. Not sure that she would anyway, but I don't give her the chance.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Premier Cat

Snickers loves to eat flies, moths, and yes, even wasps. I try to keep him away from anything that stings, but I let him get the others and munch away.

Heck, my kids have eaten dirt, crayons, cat food, and dryer lint to name a few. Those of with kids have pretty much seen it all, so a cat eating bugs is, well, no biggie.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymekaps
Snickers loves to eat flies, moths, and yes, even wasps. I try to keep him away from anything that stings, but I let him get the others and munch away.

Heck, my kids have eaten dirt, crayons, cat food, and dryer lint to name a few. Those of with kids have pretty much seen it all, so a cat eating bugs is, well, no biggie.
I agree, most of the time it isn't a biggie. I think those get freaked out about their cat eating a bug are trying to impose our own "overly sanitized" strictures on our indoor animals. I mean, what cat do you know who--if they had the chance, wouldn't gobble up a moving bug? It's totally natural. It's like being the parent who won't let your kid run around outside barefoot because of the slight chance that they'd get ringworm.
Your indoor cat doesn't REALLY (toys and siblings don't count) get to use their natural hunting skills but once every so often (like when a stray bug gets into the house). Why not let them enjoy the hunt? Worrying about the bacteria count on flies is a little too obsessive for me. And it ruins the fun.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Haha Nya caught (and killed) this GIANT gross bug the other day, and I had Matt take it away from her before she got to eat it. She had this completley cheated look on her face, it was so sad, so I know exactly the look Dylan was giving! lol (I just gave her a treat)

<--Julia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page