What has your cat swallowed? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

What has your cat swallowed?

I am just curious to see how many strange items our kitties have swallowed in the past.

My cat Slinky swallowed a 6-foot long mountain boot shoelace . The animal hospital could not get it out. Some of it came out when she went to the bathroom (I had to cut it occasionally to help it along) and the rest she threw up (about 4 feet at once!)

So I was just wondering, has your cat swallowed anything crazy lately??

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:02 AM

Hmmm, found a couple of rubberbands in the litterbox. We're much more careful about getting rid of them now.

Silly kitties!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Cat Addict

Tinsel around Christmas time. Other than that, the only other thing has upset them is when they steal dog food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 02:30 AM

daizy likes to steal wrapping paper ribbons! Christmas is always the worse time for her, cause she can't not be in the same room with me and I always do my wrapping in the bedroom (its quieter and I can concentrate!) but since she insists to be there with me she sneaks the ribbon off, and i usually find it the next morning......not a pretty site. But each time she does this i watche her all day to make sure that she's not having any other problems from chewing on the ribbon. Other than that she's pretty good about not eating non-food items.

Oh wait there's that whole thing where she likes to eat the blooms of flowers...my grandma had a christmas cactus (sp?) and she ate every bloom one year. Made my grandma very upset! but daizy's always making someone upset at some point!

~bekki and daizy~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 AM

Please be careful in leaving such things lying around. We had to recently remove a ton of string/thread from a young cats intestines. It was a long operation and intestine had to be removed, it was so necrotic. Because of the exetnt of the damage to his innards, he got peritonitis and died a few days after surgery.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 10:15 PM

Prince, my mom's cat, swallowed 2 marbles a few years ago....had to have a $1400.00 surgery to get them out. Luckily i was working at the vet at that time and got a hefty discount!!!!!

Gaylord has swallowed an earring once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page