how many cats DO you have!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

how many cats DO you have!!

I am curious. I see all these posts with these pretty picture signatures, and I'm wondering... do that many of you have 3-4 cats!!

If so, tell me about them, how cool!!

I only have one, and have often though of getting two.

How many do you have??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
I have 4. We didn't intend to get anymore cats until Beeper had passed away (she's 15 1/2), but I found Scully in a parking lot this past August. A week later she had four kittens The two boys got adopted and went to their new homes at 12 weeks, but her girls - Miko and Stephanie - stayed with us.

If you had told me a year ago I'd have four cats right now, I would have laughed in your face
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

that's crazy spacemonkey, but awesome!! Do they all have their own separate litter box or no?

My cat is a little sick... I'm hoping she'll recover. She is 10.5 years old. Do you think it's a good time to get a kitty. I hear good and bad things about brining in a kitty with an older cat. What do you think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:59 AM

I have one, but my uncle, aunt, and cousin are moving in with us for a while, so now I'm going to have 3 for a little bit. Since they have 2. One is really mean and will bite people except for my cousin. And the other one is the sweetest little baby
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Cat Addict

I have 2 cats, Trixie and Sadie, and my roommate has two cats, Aki and Hiro. There were only 3 when we moved into this apartment, but then Sadie came along and I couldn't resist. They all get along great. Trixie is 12 this year, and the rest of them are only about 2. The younger ones don't bother her too much since they have each other to play with.

I know you are going through a lot right now with your cat's illness. Getting another cat is a nice thought, but I think it might be wise to wait until your cat is feeling better. Adjusting to a new cat might be more stress than she can handle right now, and with all you have to deal with, it might be more than you can handle too.

I hope your kitty is feeling a little better. Keep up the good fight.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
jazzo-

We have three litterboxes. Two very large tupperware containers for the three younger cats (scooped daily) and one box for Beeper.

Beeper and the younger cats do not get along (well, I'm sure they'd be fine, but she's a snit ) She was a feral when we found her, and got into more than a few cat fights in her younger years. I think that soured her to all future cat/cat interactions.

Luckily, we have the space so that there's really no detriment to keeping them seperated. I don't even think they notice most of the time Because Beeper won't be around for too much longer, and I'll be moving out with the younger cats in a couple years anyway, we can afford the extra work. I'm not sure what we'd do if it were a more longterm situation...

With your kitty being sick, I would hold off on getting a new kitten or cat. It will be a bit of extra work, and it would probably be best at this point if you just focussed on caring for your girl. Not to mention, a new cat could stress your kitty out even more, not something you want to do if she's already ill.

If she gets better, then I would definately consider it. And if, God forbid, she doesn't, then you may want to take some time before opening your home to a new cat.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Cat Addict

I have three cats -- I'm allergic to cats, but they were all strays that my boyfriend and I took in over one year, so I just deal with the sneezing. I never considered getting a cat before I took Miles in, now I don't know what I'd do without them!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Cat Addict

I have 3 now, but have had as many as 5. And of course a wonderful array of litterboxes

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 05:17 AM

I have 4, used to have 5 until January - I'm very nearly up to 5 again but trying to think clearly about this!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 08:39 AM

I have 3. A feral cat showed up with 2 kittens. My mom came home from a docters appointment, went around back and 2 cats ran out of our closed in porch. When she looked in she saw a sweet little cat (Kayla) that started to purr before she even touched her. Kayla has lived with us since the first day . Momma and Sadie are still outside and are still shy, but are getting alot better. Kayla and Sadie are around a year old now.

Now Kayla has 5 kittens that are 4 weeks old and we might keep one. Don't worry guys Kayla is getting spayed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page