GOT GARY!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

GOT GARY!!!!!

Yesterday, the sixth of May, we got to pick up our new kitten, Gary. He has grown SO MUCH!!!!! We visited him when he was 8 weeks old(also at 4 weeks), but this visit I almost didn't recognize him. As I sat and chatted with the breeder, I opened his carrier door, in hope that he would come and investigate, but his best buddy at the house was first to, then Gary checked it out. Then he sat in it for several minutes. Well, it came our time to say goodbyes to the breeder, and off we were. Poor Gary cried the whole 30+minute car ride home.
Immediately I put his carrier into the "pet room" where the litter box is located, and opened the door, he hopped right out all purring. Then I sat him on his litterbox, which he jumped out of immediately. Then he sat down and began to groom himself, again still purring.
He was nonstop playing for 2 hours with my children and I, again still purring.... and yes I read too many books that say don't crowd the kitty-- don't pester him, give him space and be calm--- but this kitty refuses to allow us to settle down, he demanded attention! He followed us around our house, never liking being alone, and did I mention he purrs an awful lot????
Around dinnertime he wanted to help me cook on my stove top-- I would put him in the opposite end of the house-- and he came running back trying to help again... then we sat down for dinner, and Gary passed out under MY chair with his head propped up on the chair leg.
He began to play again, (still PURRING) and we HAD TO SEND MY CHILDREN TO BED around 9pm--- I think Gary and I needed the break from them. He began to fall asleep-- then would have to move again and again like he couldn't find that perfect spot yet... around midnight he was finally deep sleeping-- what an angel

This morning, at about 6:30 AM, my husband came into my room with Gary, and I awoke to PURRING, and Gary licking my nose. My husband began to go on and on about how wonderful the morning was with Gary, and I began to cry--- it was so perfect. I knew my husband would fall in love with Gary, but I didn't realize how fast. My husband was a little resistant to the idea of a kitten, or even any animal being added to our household(we lost a pet recently) I don't have anything to fear, this was meant to be.

Gary had NO PROBLEMS WITH THE TRANSITION TO MY HOUSE-- this was the best experience ever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
How is it possible for a cat to purr for hours and hours?????
I am in LOVE!!!!(can ya tell???????)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so happy for you! Sounds like Gary's going to be a great companion!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Cat Addict

welcome home Gary! Congrats on the new addition he sounds wonderful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Banned

Congradulations! Post pics!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Aren't you lucky to have such a love bug? Congratulations!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

thank you all-- as soon as I get the film developed I will post pics

he is soo adorable!!!
I can't believe how long he can purr!!!!!!
And I have to say thank goodness the breeder clipped his nails before we got him-- cause he likes to pounce toes and hands...
He acts like he has lived here for ever... I am glad he isn't acting stressed-- which would be understandable around my crazy kids!!! For his own well-beeing I made a rule that my daughter isn't allowed to pick him up, and my son has to wait a few more days... Little Gary doesn't like to be alone.. is always following us around!!! I better go play with him------

( yes I am stuck in the stone age-- no digital camera yet!)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Welcome Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great that he's acting like a long lost member of your family!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about the purring, it gets to the point if you wonder if it's healthy to purr that loud for that long!!!!!!! Love on him for me!!!!!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Premier Cat

What a great story of Garys introduction to your family. Welcome Home Gary. We are happy for you. Cant wait for pictures. What a special guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page