does your cats do this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

does your cats do this?

I was not feeling too well as I was sick for a couple days or do from a stomach flu, Joey and Phoebe hung around me all day long, espeically when I was just sitting out at the couch with a blanket, Joey would jump up on my lap and just hang around me. Does your cats do this when you're sick?. It's interesting how animals can sense if you're sick or even angry or sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

Oh yes, cats just have a sense when their owner isn't feeling well. I have been battling an awful cold and a touch of the flu myself, finally feeling better, and Velvet hung with me though the worst of it. I ended up spending Tuesday in bed, my day off, of course Velvet was my constant companion, but I also think a little confused why I just wouldn't get up!! They are so sweet.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:55 AM

Yep. Mine definitly know when I am not feeling well. I came home sick yesterday and they all sat with me to make me feel better. They also know when I am upset and do the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Allie is wonderful at knowing just how I feel. When there is tension in the house, she hides. When I am sick, she lays on the couch with me. And when I am in a really good mood -like this morning- she goes crazy!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 05:48 PM

My previous Cat Pookie would always do this and my cat Kilala has just started to do this also. Kilala used to run away from me when I was sick but the last two colds he has been a real trooper snuggling me and coming under the blankets to wam my tummy up and purring on my forehead. He is also very good at knowing my moods. When I am fighting with someone he comes to my defense and bites them and meows at them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Yep... if I am sick or upset even magnum will come and cuddle me and he usually ignores me if i am lucky.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I think it's great that your cats will be there to comfort you. See, cats are the best animals.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 08:06 PM

In our household L'il is the one that gives us comfort whenever we are sick or feeling down. He will snuggle with us when we are sick, and if I am crying he will come and snuggle and not leave me. We truly believe that he is attuned to our feelings.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 03:34 AM

Yes i love it when they do that!!! its so cute! My last cat did it and now my 5 month old has just started to do it too! it makes me feel alot better Cats are the best!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 06:54 AM

Afew days back my dad came from an eye surgery and he had to rest and Eti was in his lap all the time!
Also when I get my period - my cats come into my lap and purr like obsessed - and it feels so good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page