Cat Forum banner

surely this is a joke?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  spacemonkey 
#1 ·
#5 ·
One group thinks the other is either the conformation of the cat , and the other thinks the first group is old-fashioned. Often the traditional cats are not even shown, because the other group has "taken over." so to speak. Gradually, I believe, the traditional groups are holding their own shows. I'm not an expert on this, however, so perhaps someone else can offer better information.

From what I understand, some breeders send out e-mails "warning" cat lovers not to buy from breeders of the other type, often naming catteries. ( I have even heard of physical threats. :( ) I think this is a milder form of that type of propaganda.

#6 ·
Jeanie said:
One group thinks the other is either the conformation of the cat , and the other thinks the first group is old-fashioned. Often the traditional cats are not even shown, because the other group has "taken over." so to speak. Gradually, I believe, the traditional groups are holding their own shows. I'm not an expert on this, however, so perhaps someone else can offer better information.

From what I understand, some breeders send out e-mails "warning" cat lovers not to buy from breeders of the other type, often naming catteries. ( I have even heard of physical threats. :( ) I think this is a milder form of that type of propaganda.
Gosh that's crazy. I have a Persian of the "extreme face" type - ie the sort of flat squashed-in face. He's very cute but I worry that his squashed nose prevents him from breathing properly. I didn't specifically want that sort of cat, I just fell in love with his adorable character.

#8 ·
I think either are nice. :D I love the doll faces though - because they are IMHO much easier to care for. They still get gunk in their eyes, they still have nose buggers you have to pick and they have that easily mattable coat that the others do - but sometimes the squished faced babes have resperatory probs, tearing, staining and other things to think about.

Do I think a little more work would hurt? Nope. :D If I got an exteme faced persian I would do everything I needed because with their personalities - it's worth it.

Plus - I just like the doll faced more - but I still think the flat faces are precious wecious too. ^_^

Of course... I'm talking about the Persian/Siamese combo that I have in my Himalayans. :luv They are definitly by babies. They are velcro cats, love to talk and love to snuggle despite their heavy, warm fur.

#13 ·
Whoa...

That doll-faced Persian is a cute cat :wink:, but I'm just a little surprised at how familiar that shortened lil' face looks - Scully's muzzle isn't much longer than that :? I know the pic in my sig makes her head look angular, it's very deceiving (her big eyes and ears make her head look longer).

Scully has the most abrupt mouth and nose, we've nicknamed her "Squishy Face" :lol: I just find it interesting, because she's the only moggie I've seen with such a little face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.