Need advice... Possibly found missing cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Need advice... Possibly found missing cat

I need a little advice here...

For months now there have been signs posted all over my city... I mean ALL OVER for a missing kitty. You can't help but notice them as they've been up for nearly a year now.
The other day I heard Sheba meowing and then another meow I didn't recognize. I went to the door and saw Sheba looking through the screen door at another cat and mewoing at it. The cat looked a lot like the cat I'd seen on the posters. Also, he was very thin so most likely stray for a while. I tried to catch him with no luck. He immediately ran away and wouldn't let me near him. It is possible that it isn't the right cat, as it is a college town and there are sadly lots of strays here (that's how we found sheba).
But I called the number on the signs just in case it was him and let them know what I saw. The girl was at work and unable to come and look around, but told me to call her the next time I saw him.
I would like to catch this guy, even if he isn't the right cat to get him healthy and take him to the APL. But if he won't let me near him, I'm not sure how to go about it. I put out a bowl of food and hopefully he will stop by again. I saw him in the yard this morning, but once he saw me he ran off.

Any tips on how to catch this guy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Yes. Borrow a humane trap from the Humane Society, and bait it with canned food. You might trap the wrong animale a few times, but eventually you'll probably catch the missing cat. I hope so! Good luck.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Sorry I have no tips. Jeanie has great advice though!
Good luck! I hope you can get that poor kitty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Premier Cat

Excellent advice. Our fingers are crossed!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 07:16 PM

We've used the humane traps at work to trap some cats. They worked great. Especially if you use herring or mackeral in the trap to bait it!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Cool Cat

agreed... the humane traps are wonderful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM

Great advice about the humane trap. That is how Mikko was caught.

Wouldn't it be wonderful it it were the kitty on the posters?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. The posters say he's been missing since November!! This kitty fits the bill... looks like the picture and very thin. The people who lost him obviously miss him very much as they put posters around everywhere and keep replacing ones that get tattered.
I'll work on getting a trap this weekend and hopefully there will be a happy ending!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 09:30 AM

If you have a cat rescue group in your area that does the TNR programs you might want to call them. They use the traps all the time and might be willing to help you catch this one.

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page