Meet my new cat Sampson :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Meet my new cat Sampson :)

and no I won't be declawing him. I bought him 3 different sratching posts, one that is very tall, and $$$!! LOL

He seems to be doing just fine at home. He did poop some diarrhea, but I'll deal with that at the vet this week.

... and to be honest, he hasn't scratched at all. Well a little bit, on a separate piece of carpeting, and then when I introduced him to his sratching post.

He is just about the most adorable cat. I felt really guilty having him here this evening, thinking I acted too soon since Jazzy just died, which I probaby did. I have a habit of doing that. However, he was so adorable at the shelter, I just had to take him. At the shelter, he was even all over me He is so very affectionate... and has been laying on my lap all day, and is now laying on my lap with his paws on my arms as I type, LOL!! Actually, I think he is asleep in my lap, LOL!!

I hope he works out.... and he is just about the most adorable cat I've ever seen.

He is 1-2yo male. They say he was a stray, but I think he came from a loving home, as he is just so sweet. I wonder if they are looking for him. He had only been in the shelter since 5/2/05... but wasn't neutered... he is now. A mandatory practice of the shelter.

Well here is his pics, his name is Sampson

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chihockey ... CBmGXrtifD

Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:48 AM

Congrats on adopting your new furrbaby! He is so handsome! Looks like he likes the bathtub!! LOL
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:39 AM

awwww he is gorgeous!!!

I bet jazzy would be happy for you two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:09 AM

Congratulations on your new fur baby Jazzo, he is gorgeous!

I am very sad to hear that you lost your cat Jazzy. I know you were very diligent in your efforts to give her the very best. I know that it is difficult to lose a cat after trying so hard to save them. I think it is safe to believe that Jazzy would be happy for you and for Sampson and that she is pleased that something good has come from her passing in that another life has been saved. I have always believed this of my pets who have passed over the rainbow bridge. It can be a shock to see a different kitty in the places where you are accustomed to seeing your beloved old companion but never feel guilty for bringing Sampson into your life. Sampson will not make you love Jazzy less or miss Jazzy any less but it will bring new love into your life and Sampson's, which I think is a beautiful thing. **hugs**

Sampson looks like he is going to be a ton of fun. In my experience orange tabbies are like giant goofy teddy bears. Mine is very loving, active, goofy, and oh did I say loving? I am sure you are really going to enjoy having him around!! Given all of the effort you put into you last cat and seeking advice here I am sure he has found a great new home!

A good choice on the no declaw! I am a big believer in educating people about the pain and problems associated with declawing and I was happy to see you educating yourself and asking advice, the mark of a good pet owner! Three posts, sounds like he is spoilt already! I bet you will have good luck with the posts, I have three young cats all with claws and no real scratching problems. I did have one cat in the past with a bit of a "thing" for one corner of a leather sofa... we taped a piece of tinfoil to the corner and suddenly that corner was much less appealing! I have also found tape (double sided or "loops") to be a good deterrent and both tinfoil and tape don't do any harm to furniture etc and usually are only needed until scratching has been redirected to a better place (posts!)

Once again congratulations on the new addition, he is beautiful and sounds like he is going to be a wonderful companion!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 03:37 AM

Sampson is beautiful!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Oh, he is just gorgeous! I love that first pic on the second row

Congratulations!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:13 AM

Congrats!! Sampson is beautiful
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:40 AM

Congratulations on your new addition
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Senior Cat

Congratulations. What a cutie pie

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

What cutie! He looks good in that yellow collar too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page