The Herd: Just an Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

The Herd: Just an Update

Hey all!! Haven't posted anything in a while, though I have been peeking in from time to time. Limyer still looks in everyday and is constantly on me to post more pics.

Anyway, The Herd is alive and thriving. Dandy showed up today after me not having seen him for 3 days (doesn't mean he wasn't coming home, just not while I was around). My schedule changed from AM to PM a couple of weeks ago, and we'll go to nights next week. Burnie has been staying out nights since it's warmer, but usually comes to spend the day inside. Powder stays out during the day, but the sun hurts his eyes (they're blue) and he usually spends the day in the pines next door. Domino is Domino....she's been pretty good lately, but did have a short period of being aggressive to some of the older ones. Someone bit her on the butt for it. Sundae is her usual laid-back self as is Moo-Moo. Nimbus comes and goes just like the clouds in the sky. I definitely don't get too concerned if I don't see her for a few days. Squirrel is the resident security cat and makes sure that all newcomers pass her "gut check" before being allowed on the property. Pytu and Bear are doing great, though Bear fancies himself one of the "big boys" and he tends to get a bit rambunctious in his play. Silke and Smooth are growing like weeds. I think Smooth got into the growfast stuff.....he's huge!!! He's already as big as Powder at only, what, 5 months? Both are really laid-back cats too. Claire seems to get prettier by the day. She is still just as sweet as the day Limyer brought her home for me Belle is growing and playing and still doesn't make much of a sound when she opens her mouth She's got to get spayed soon.

Now the Outsiders:

Meeko has not been caught yet, but he's here every day and plays with all of the residents. CrackerJack (our first TNR) started coming back around about a week ago. He's back to letting me touch him and he's lost his aggressive behavior. He can spend time around the others without getting so much as a second look. Honeybee had to be let go after two weeks in the house. He was just not happy inside. I was reluctant to let him outside due to his haircut and cool temps at night, but it's been warm since his release. He lives in the garage and plays with Belle outside and is making progress with a few of the other little ones. Bob, the older feral, still comes around from time to time. We have one new one outside now. We call it Mini-Me because it looks just like Meeko. I swear either Meeko is it's dad, or they have the same parents. I think Belle is it's littermate. There is just too much resemblence.

I'm going to try trapping again after Limyer comes back from school next week (yaaayyyy!!)

I hope that's everyone.....I'll have to check my sig to make sure I didn't forget any of the Herd.

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Tom Cat

ehehe =) good update!

good to hear that Honeybee stuck around [although not indoors] and is getting alone with Belle

Angie
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
You have been missed, Spike. It's great to see you checking in. I hope you'll soon be posting regularly.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Tom Cat

It's good to hear the update. Hope the schedule change at your job is working out for you.
It's always a pleasure reading about The Herd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page