Kitty got a new litterbox... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Kitty got a new litterbox...

Well, Kitty's litter box problems (behavioral, not medical) have been better with scooping more often, but there are some days where I am not able to scoop twice or three times a day, and she finds something else to pee on, and it is usually somewhere hard to clean

I bought her a littermaid today. I've heard several different opinions on it from love it to hate it, but I figured I'd give it a chance and see for myself. If this doesn't help her use the box reliably, I'm going to have to invent a cat diaper or something

Another reason I'm getting it is I'm going to be on vacation for a week, and Ashley is coming out to stay at the house, and I really didn't want to have to make her scoop the box two or three times a day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I hope you like it! It saves me so much work! I love it.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I hope it works out for you. Forgive me if you've answered this in another thread but I'm not too familiar with your problem - have you tried adding another box or two? That way if you can't be there to scoop one she can just go in another one?

Anyway - again I hope it works out well

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
I hope it works out for you. Forgive me if you've answered this in another thread but I'm not too familiar with your problem - have you tried adding another box or two? That way if you can't be there to scoop one she can just go in another one?

Anyway - again I hope it works out well
Thats ok. I really don't have anywhere to add another box. Our house isn't that big, and I still live with my parents who are NOT cat people. They love Kitty, but they don't love Kitty's litter box, lol.

It has to stay in my room (which is another reason it has to stay clean), and we don't have anywhere else to put another one.

Thanks! I hope it works out.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I understand. I have the litterbox in my room and luckily have had no problems.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:18 PM

how old is this kitty??
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzo
how old is this kitty??
I'm not exactly sure of her age. She is a rescue and was an adult when I got her almost two years ago. I'm going to say she is 4-6 years old.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Tom Cat

I am currently trying to switch my girls over to feline pine. You might think about trying that out since you only scoop the poop. Liquid waste turns the pellets to sawdust and you just shake the box to get fresh pellets on top. When most of it is sawdust you change out the entire thing. So far my two seem to be adapting to it just fine but some people's cats reject it outright since it's not a sandy type litter. Just a thought.

Kel
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 PM

when you invent that diaper LET ME KNOW!!!!!! mine will pee anywhere but the box!!! (we have 3 boxes, and I've even tried different types of litter in each box, enzyme cleaners on his favorite "peeing spots") good luck and I hope that it works out for you!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Kelae said
Quote:
I am currently trying to switch my girls over to feline pine. You might think about trying that out since you only scoop the poop. Liquid waste turns the pellets to sawdust and you just shake the box to get fresh pellets on top. When most of it is sawdust you change out the entire thing.
Kelae, You have to use clumping litter with the Littermaid, so pellets won't work. It's an electrical, self-cleaning system.

edit/sp Sorry, Kelae, for the typo on your name!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page