I have a confession to make, then I'm leaving this board... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

I have a confession to make, then I'm leaving this board...

I brought my cat back to the shelter tonight, the one I adopted on Sunday.

He was so sweet, but he started peeing on the carpet. He was the sweetest cat in the world, but I didn't have the time emotionally to dedicate to him. I feel terrible. He is back in a cage in the shelter and I am only hoping that a good family adopts him.

I just put Jasmine down a week ago today and know that I acted impulsively on getting this second cat.

I am crying for him and crying for Jazzy who I just put down a week ago today, and who's ashes I just got tonight. I am crying for Sampson, because he seemed so happy, but he deserved somebody who was more emotionally available then me

I wanted to thank you all for your advice and thoughts on everything. Within 5 weeks, I tried to nurse Jazzy back to health with a feeding tube in her neck. It didn't work. She died a week ago today. I spent a total of $2,700 on her, trying my hardest to get her well. It didn't work I rushed to the shelter trying to find comfort and impulsivley adopted Sampson. I'm sorry Sammy ... and then I brought him back tonight.

I had Jazzy for 10.5 years. I guess I learned that you can't get over a cat that quick... and I am deeply sorry for Sampson who I brought back tonight. I hope he can forgive me and I hope I get God's forgiveness too. I mostly hope and pray that Sampson will find a good home.

Thank you everyone, but I will be leaving the forum as I don't plan on getting another cat for at least another year.

Thanks for everything... and sorry if my declawing post got out of hand... it's just been an emotional time for me.

Sincerely,
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 12:33 AM

awwww Annie....I don't know if you will even see this.

Hopefully Sampson will get a good home. And if you aren't ready to have another kitty so soon after Jazzy's death than you have definitely done the right thing for Sampson by giving him the chance to have a forever home with someone else....it wouldn't have been fair to keep him when you couldn't give him what he needed.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 04:19 AM

Annie, you've done the right thing, please don't feel guilty. You've done the best thing by Sampson and yourself and that's the main thing. If you come back to read this: you don't have to leave the forum, it may help you to know that there are people here to share your grief, but if you decide that's best for you that I wish you lots of happiness. I followed yours and Jazzy's story and she was such a lucky cat to have such a caring and loving owner.

All the best Annie x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Jr. Cat

Don't feel guilty Jazzo--You didn't seem emotionally stable enough yet to take care of another cat anyway--you definatly did the right thing by taking that cat back and giving him a chance at a good home. Someday you will be in the condition to care for another pet, and until that day comes--Goodbye Jazzo! Best wishes!

The Original Male Kitten.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Cat Addict

*big hugs!*

I think you made a good decision, and I'm proud that you were able to do so. My thoughts are with you as you go through your grieving. I had my boy for 16 years, and sometimes it feels like I'm still not done crying for him.

But this, too, shall pass. And you'll be a better person for it.

Best wishes to you,
Lisa
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. Maybe I will continue to read some posts as I could offer some good advice if any cat ever gets liver disease. I sure know alot about it now.

Thanks for your kind words on Sampson. I feel really bad. I cried so hard last night for both of them. I'm thinking maybe he peed on the carpet because Jasmine's smell was still here... definitely not good planning on my part.

Life is just so dang hard. You do the best you can you know, and sometimes you just can't do enough.

I have so much to take care of. I have to go through all Jazzy's bills. Just yesterday I paid her last bill of $503.00. Geez, those vets can stick it to you. I paid over $2,600... and noticed they still charged me to put her down. I thought after all I went through and all the money I had given them, they could at least have given that free... they did not. ... but it is a service, I'm just surprised. Putting her down cost $63.00. I thought heck I'll need this break just to get a second job to pay off that bill!!

Anyway thanks... I'll probably still read alot of posts, but I don't think I'll be picking up a cat for a good while.

Thanks everyone... I really appreciate all your words and kindness and hope you are enjoying your cats as much as I enjoyed my Jazzy
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Life is just so dang hard. You do the best you can you know, and sometimes you just can't do enough.
Yes this is true, and it certainly sounds like you did everything in your power for you precious cat. Take some time to grieve Annie, I think that's important. And let your mind rest now knowing that you did everything you could, and that jazzy, up until the very last second knew how much she was loved. Please don't be a stranger! See you soon x x x
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:44 AM

Annie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Jazzie and Sampson. What you are going through is very hard. I have to tell you that you have just helped me make a very important decision for my household and for that I thank you. I wish you the very best Annie! Keep your chin up because Jazzie is sending you kisses......

Chris
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Banned

I'm sorry, Annie...it's been a rough time for you.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Cat Addict

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page