New tree in the house - Just too funny! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

New tree in the house - Just too funny!

Today, I bought my very first indoor "tree". It is a 3-ft tall weeping fig. I've always wanted one. Checked to be sure they were not poisonous. Most sites say cats don't like it cause it's bitter to their taste. My 4 kitties are indoors only, but have gone out in the yard and on the deck a few times in the summer. Sooooo, in came the tree and its new little table to hold it. What a riot! Circling, cautious approach, THEN ....... (taste it) YECHHH!!) try to climb it. One wonders how to dig in it (she digs in all my plants, so I can't have any) and Mickey, the veteran, looks at me like "what now, and where's my treats?" Four hours later, there's still a rousing curiosity and I just can't wait to see tomorrow morning. They do a lot of their "dirty work" when I'm sleeping. I find all kinds of things "explored", moved and, otherwise, open, tipped over or rummaged in. They sure keep me entertained!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 09:39 AM
d_b
Cat

Sounds like fun.

every once in a while I bring in something 'new" for my cats. Whatever it is it keeps them entertained for hours.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

The next day

Well, so far, so good. Once must have insisted on tasting it, cause I found regurgitated leaves near the tree. (a message, maybe?) The tree wasn't knocked over (yet) and the interest seems to have waned a little. Awww
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Re: New tree in the house - Just too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Mom
One wonders how to dig in it (she digs in all my plants, so I can't have any)
Ophelia was interested in all my plants so what I did was collect rocks and put them over the soil...that way she couldn't get to the dirt!!

when I water my big ficus tree she comes over and licks the wet rocks!!
weirdo!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Ophelia was interested in all my plants so what I did was collect rocks and put them over the soil...that way she couldn't get to the dirt!!

Tried that. Lily managed to get a few out so she could get to the dirt...................and DIG! These were those polished rocks you get in craft stores. How she did it, I don't know. This was one of those "Mom's at work" projects of hers. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page