AAARRRGGGGHH!!! A RAT!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

AAARRRGGGGHH!!! A RAT!!!!

omg!

I was in the kitchen, now last week screech caught something and brought it back. At about 2am we heard this hurrendus screeching sound from some kind of rodent. We shut the bedroom door and ignored it. (might seem harsh, but u learn to deal with it) Well I got up to shut the door and she was watching under the clock like a hawk, so I guessed it was under there (2am, half asleep in the nude, uh no I wont be doing anything about it!) So in the morning I got up, prepaired to see some kind of dead animal. But nope, instead there is screech, now sat watching under the freezer like a hawk and refusing to move for anything. When I opened the front door and pushed her out the way she had a winge at me.

So fast forward to a week later, today!
I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner, and I could hear this nose, of a bag moving. At first I thought it was something blowing around outside, looked nope nothing. After listening carefully it was coming from the fridgefreezer uh oh....
So I listened, and thought hang on screech was watching here last week. Also on and off during the week she has climb the worktop trying to get to the top of the freezer. So the girlyness kicked in!

"oooh steve..."
"you know screech caught something and she let it go.."
"yees.."
"Well I think its on top of the freezer."

URGH! On the top of the freezer where ALL the cerial is stored.
So one by one we took each box down, he checked them and passed it onto me. We did all the boxes and there was a packet left....rattling.
He picks it up, yep its in here and its heavy!
So I open the door, he picks it up and threw the bag out the door and out ran the young rat!
ARGH!
So now all the cerial got binned, and the airtight containers got binned cause it pee'd in them Also there was poops in the cerail grrr

Sick thing, I ate some cerial this morning.
Annoying thing, 5 cats and none of them caught it, even when we let it go and it ran across the garden 5 cats and a dog didnt see it

Even with 4 bells each they still catch stuff, but this is by far the worst, even worse than the day I came home to find a crow sitting on the bedroom windowsill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:36 PM

at least the ratty is free. we've got rats as pets here, so i guess my veiw is different
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

oh im not afriad of pet rats, ive handled plenty of them working in a pet shop, but not wild ones. They carry diseases like wheels in their urines which im not too fond of
But also just incase they bite, and ruin my house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Ewwwww,,,,,,,,,Aren't you glad you caught it--with some help from Steve and Screech? Just one thing How did Screech get nude?

Quote:
she was watching under the clock like a hawk, so I guessed it was under there 2am, half asleep in the nude
Or was it the rat who was nude?.... I'm so confused....... Hmm....the rare Cornwall hairless rat....

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Jeanie!!!
The cat of course
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 03:08 PM

I am glad the rat is gone. I think I would be a little skeezed out for a few days. Everytime I hear a rustle or a scratch I would probably be looking around.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I feel heartbroken when my cats hunt. One time there was a beautiful pair of cardinals (really beautiful, amazing birds) that had built a nest in my apartment complex. My Sunshine slipped out of the house and killed all of their baby birds. They hadn't even opened their eyes yet!!!

My Sunshine is the sweetest, most mellow, most easygoing, and most affecinate cat when he is in the presence of humans. He had this obsession with killing baby birds, though
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 06:22 AM

Ewww. I hate rats (not pet rats). We had one in here a couple years ago and that thing was huge!!! My mom was in the bathroom and she heard something in the shower curtain and BAM, a rat ran right out in front of her. I heard her scream and when I looked down the dang thing was about to run right over my foot . I ran into the living room and i have NEVER ran so fast in my life . My dog ended up cornering it back into the bathroom under a dresser and my dad came over and caught it. That thing looked bigger than a kitten. Glad you caught it. I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week lol
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 07:38 AM

Monty brought in a MASSIVE rat a couple of weeks ago. He had it under the kitchen table and by the time I managed to get it off him he'd battered it about so much I assumed it was dead. Of course it savaged my hand when I picked it up. I had to have a tetanus shot afterwards.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Cat

Khamun killed a fairly big rat and brought it in a month or so ago, not too pleasant first thing in a morning. I just put it between two slices of bread and took it up to my fiancee in bed (only kidding).

Did you know cats' incisor teeth seem to have evolved so that they are exactly the right distance apart to kill rats quickly by sinking them into the neck and severing the spinal cord? I read that in a cat book anyway.

This rat was virtually unmarked apart from a bite to the neck.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page