Shiela and Kittens: Up and Out - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Shiela and Kittens: Up and Out

Thank you to those of you who kept this momma cat and her 3 kittens in your thoughts. When Jim and I went out of town last weekend to go apartment hunting, 2 friends offered to feed the family while we were gone. After being gone for about 5 days, we came back, and I went to the back yard at the regular time to feed the family. Well, they weren't there.

The mom and her babies who had been living under our house for about 12 weeks (since the kittens were born) were no longer there. I kept an eye out for them for 2 days, but no sign.

I guess it's for the best. I wasn't going to be able to feed them any longer, and the kittens were at that age that socializing becomes next to impossible. I know that I gave the family a better start that most get. If that's all I was meant to do, then I know I did a good job. I know that momma will teach the babies the skills they need to survive. I hope they are happy, wherever they are. At least they're together. Shiela is such a good mom.

I'll miss them, but they'll always be in my heart. They weren't mine to keep. I just helped out as much as I could. What a emotional experience. I have a new-found admiration for all of you in animal care. I know I would not be strong enough to do this forever.

Please send out your good thoughts to Shiela and her babies. What a wonderful family they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 PM

awwwww I hope they are well....wherever they are.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Premier Cat

How sad. I hope they are OK.
I know you must miss them terriblely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page