Update on tiny rescued cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Update on tiny rescued cat

Today she ran outta my son's room and into the main part of the house. She loves to investigate everywhere. She has been staying in there fairly well, but seems to be a little bored.
She went to the scratching post and scratched on it. (she is so far the only cat that has used it, the others are using the wall, grrr) and found Lizzy and tried to get to know her in a nice way instead of swatting at her as was the case initially. The others know she is in the boys room and try to play paw swating games under the door. She will play those with them, but face to face meetings are still too soon, I feel. After all she has only been here for 3 days, and she is intent on staying. i have not the heart to turn her away either.
She has been using the litterbox religously, and when she is let out to roam the house is fascinated by the trash can. She will have to be monitored around that. She is just doing much better.

PS. The neighbors cat that started this entire thing is doing much better also. Today when I got home, he was waiting for me to refill the food and water outside. He stays away from me, but he does not go far. He came up on the porch to eat after he saw me refill them. The ferals had eaten all the food out there this morning after I left.

The story behind the neighbors russin blue is a sad one, he was being starved to death, this is why I began feeding them all outside. My neighbor does not pay any attention to the cat at all. so sad really. I think he might be the daddy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:21 AM

Glad to hear things sound like they are going well! Paws under the door is a great game... mine even manage to play that one while they are on the SAME side of the door as each other ! Always a good sign when there is play involved. Good for you to look out for these kitties!

Would a quiet call to a rescue organization be able to do something for the neighbor's cat? Maybe an organization would intervene and speak to the people without you becomming directly involved, possibly neuter him at least to make sure no more kittens? Glad you are there to help these poor kitties!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I will check on the interenet for recue group in my area and see if I can find one.

I did call animal control in town for the russin blue, because he needs vetting badly, but they did not stop, they only drove by. And they have never come back either. He will not let anyone near him(except the guy that calls him his) I have a slight problem when it comes to talking with the neighbor about it, sometimes( most times actually) he does not answer the door when he is there. I see all of his freinds just walk right on in, so I guess he figures if you knock he does not want to see you.

I had hopes that eventually he will trust me enough to let me get close, and then I will personally take him to the vet myself. I know that it would be above and beyond expese for me, but I have to do something.

I will see if I can get a picture of him when he comes to the porch to feed again. there is a problem with his mouth, and something wrong eslewhere too. I hear the outsdie cats fighting under the trailer sometimes. I think he maybe got hurt.

The cat has however been putting on some good weight since I began feeding him. He was skinny as a rail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Premier Cat

Maybe you could hook up with a rescue
group that would lend you a trap? Its so
nice what your doing helping these kitties.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 05:37 PM

I rescued one and her 3 kittens last year. It's a good feeling, isn't it?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
Maybe you could hook up with a rescue
group that would lend you a trap? Its so
nice what your doing helping these kitties.
Zoeae, look up No More Homeless Pets of Kansas City --
http://www.kcpets.org. It's a rescue organization in Kansas City that will supply traps and spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, and sometimes flea treatment at the Kansas City Kansas Humane Society for $15. I think it is only available on the weekends and you have to sign up early, but they will do it. I took in a cat last winter (and had an appointment for Mom but she had her kittens before the clinic) and planned to do others, but someone decided to have the rest picked up by animal control.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

I have been checking, but since it is a holiday weekend I doubt that I would get any help. I have been thinking of going over and talking to the neighbor again.

The little kitty ran outta my house today, but this evening when someone knocked at the door she came strolling back in. I guess she knows where she can go for shelter and a free meal. She spent the entire day outside too. I was just a little freaked when she left, but I am more relaxed now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page