The birthday gift - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

The birthday gift

Well I was feeling guilty. The girls (Scarlet and Esprit) turned two on the 24th, Tuesday, and I have been working 14 to 15 hours a day for over a week and was not really around, even for the birthday! What a bad kitty mom I am! So tonight I bought the big gift, a deluxe fresh flow petmate fountain. I bit of a big purchase but with the girls being twins the gift is divided by two right?

I have been meaning to do this for a while as Scarlet likes to leave pipecleaners in the normal water dish... and this last week there have been many catnip mice in the bowl soaking up all the water (and it is a BIG bowl!) and turning the water green (I swear they are making catnip tea! ).

I have to admit that I am a little nervous leaving the water dish plugged in while I am gone for 15 hours at work, I read up on them and did not find any problems but the instructions DO say not to leave it plugged in while not being monitored. Anyone heard of any problems with these dishes or had any problems? I also have really hard water, anyone had difficulties with hard water and these bowls?

I have to say the purchase is worth the moment I realized I was standing in the middle of the kitchen with the three cats, all with our heads turned sideways, watching a water dish eagerly anticipating the water flowing down the ramp!! (my own dinner neglected in light of the new toy, whose present was this really I wonder?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Premier Cat

My friends had one. The motor burnt out and
they replaced it. Also we have hard water too.
If you purchased a colored one it will show the
hard water mark. If you got white it will eventually
creat a ring.

Not to rain on your parade cuz its a great divice.
My friends vet encouraged them to get it because
their cat wasnt drinking enough water and cats love
to use this fountain.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:56 AM

catnip tea LOL LOL LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 10:11 AM

Boomer is also terrible for the coloured mice in the water!

I have the Hagen CatIt and leave it running all the time and I am out 12 hours a day, it is still fine and we have had it for quite a while now.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned

No advice, just wanted to say happy belated 2nd birthday Scarlet and Esprit! Baby gives nose kisses .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Well the fountain seems to be going ok, not sure if I have seen them use it but as long as it amuses them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesnBaby
No advice, just wanted to say happy belated 2nd birthday Scarlet and Esprit! Baby gives nose kisses .
The girls say thanks for the b-day wishes and nose kisses (Fawkes got all excited about nose kisses from such a pretty kitty until he found out they weren't for him! )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Poor Fawkes! Well, just tell him there's a beautiful SealPoint Siamese in Pennsylvania who would love to get a phone call!

P.S. Don't tell Blueberry about this! He and Precious are married. Shhhhhhhhh.....

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Fan
Well the fountain seems to be going ok, not sure if I have seen them use it but as long as it amuses them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesnBaby
The girls say thanks for the b-day wishes and nose kisses (Fawkes got all excited about nose kisses from such a pretty kitty until he found out they weren't for him! )
You're welcome and Baby gives nose kisses to Fawkes too!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Oh no! Now Fawkes is going to have some very jealous roomates (Scarlet thinks he is quite the handsom catch, and he thinks he's quite the ladies man!). I must get a digital camera and post some pics of him and his girls! Now I must figure out how to prevent him from making all sorts of long distance calls to his online girlfriends... (Yes he actually talks on the phone! he thinks everyone who is talking is talking to him ).

I think the water dish is going over well, haven't really seen anyone drinking from it but I found pipecleaners in there earlier so Scarlet has been playing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page