the things we do for our cats!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

the things we do for our cats!!!

My cat took a liking to a mesh 'in" basket on the top level of my computer desk. So the first step was, I emptied out all the papers so they can lay in it. Then, the cats got too big and barely fit into it, but tried to anyway, and looked uncomfortable. Then they both tried to squash into it at the same time.

PS: The inbox is now removed, and in it's place is a nice soft, sheepskin "donut" (round) cat bed!!!! the cats LOVE it!!!! the inbox and the papers are now elsewhere..whatever it takes to make these cats happy!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Premier Cat

It's all about the cats! You know what? My cat Sugar loves her fleece donut bed too, it's great for cats
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

I put a cat bed on top of the kitchen cabinets because the boys enjoy being up there so much. They spend several hours a day up there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Cool Cat

Yeah, you're not alone...but Assumpta has this THING about how it's only a great place to sleep if she finds it...if there's any sign of us trying to make her comfortable, or attract her to a napping spot, she'll stalk off in search of a new perch.

Anyhow...

You will notice the facial expression ("You want it when?")

As soon as I put a little fleece pad in that inbox to make it more comfortable, she started sleeping on top of my laser printer whenever I was in my office (she MUST be in the same room as me at all times). I have started putting little fleece pads in places that I don't want her to sleep...reverse reverse psychology.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:46 PM

Wow, I LOVE that picture! My cat has figured out a surefire way to get attention is to get in my computer chair when I've left it for a while. I'm too nice to just dump him out, so I spend a few minutes petting him until he decides to leave on his own...then I can get on the internet.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittle
. I'm too nice to just dump him out, so I spend a few minutes petting him until he decides to leave on his own...then I can get on the internet.
Skittle, that just doesn't work for me. Precious likes to run ahead of me and sit on the commode seat.....

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudewife
I have started putting little fleece pads in places that I don't want her to sleep...reverse reverse psychology.
Ha ha -- pretty good, and funny, too .... BUT, beware of thinking you have your cat figured out .... if she detects the slightest hint of that, she'll come up with some other way to defeat your purposes!!

BTW, I think I've got Assumpta figured out ... she's an ascetic: she won't use the fleece because she's only happy when she's uncomfortable!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
My Jade would kick the computer mouse down and lay his head on the mouse pad. He would then pretend to me a computer mouse.

"MOMMY....DON'T PET THE MOUSE...PET ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Rosie follows the mouse arrow on the computer screen with her eyes.

Cats love high places. That's why I put a bed on top of my book shelf and put cat furniture beside the book shelf, so they can jump from the ground to the cat furniture to the bookshelf. I wish I could buy more elaborate cat furniture but I live in a significantly smaller space than a house. I live in a 2 bedroom condo.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

great pictures!!!!

Both my cats are now squashed into one donut bed!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page