my cats are eating bugs? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

my cats are eating bugs?

my cats are indoor but hunting bugs all night long ( ants, small roach, etc.) in the kitchen coming from the yard, can they eat these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Birds and lizards eat bugs all the time. The cats should be fine unless you've got some poison out, which would transfer the poison from bug to cat.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 04:32 PM

my indoor cats must eat ten bugs a day. they live for that stuff... when we see a bug in the house we call them to come and get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Bugs are actually a better source of amino acids than skeletal meat.

REALLY!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Mine play with them a little, then eat them. Very sadistic kitties
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 06:07 PM

Why do some of you even have TEN bugs a day in your houses? That's a lot of bugs!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Premier Cat

I expect if you looked for them you could easily find 10.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Cat Addict

Our kitties love hunting bugs.
Hiro now knows the meaning of the phrase "where's the bug? Git it!" His eyes get wide, ears perk up and starts scanning the room for anything flying thru the air.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Cool Cat

*sigh*... I wish my twits ate bugs... they just kind of stare at them with their heads cocked. Sometimes Jasmine will step on a spider or something, and the poor crippled bug will kind of writhe there in agony until I finally put it out of it's misery. It's like they know how to maim their prey, but they're not quite sure how to finish the job. They're useless. Just useless.

Oh - no - Ariel ate a moth once. I remember because she came trotting into the room with the wing hanging out of her mouth and dust all over her nose.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 01:22 AM

Cats eat insects in the wild if they don't find enough rodents to eat. I wouldn't let them eat roaches though. They carry disease. If fact if a roach poops on your forks and spoons and stuff you can get salmonella poisoning. I have extreme hatred for roaches. I know you may not have much control over that. I have plug in devices in my electric outlets that generate a sound wave that we can't hear and neither can the cats. It really does keep the roaches out of my condominium. You can buy them at home depot. They're called Pest-X electronic pest repeller. Occasionally we still get some flies and beetles and tiny bugs in our home and the cats are very amused by them and chase them but they haven't caught the flying bugs yet and they haven't eaten any insects. But when there is an insect in my home, although my boyfriend wants it outside, I'm secretly pleased that my cats have a living toy to play with and I cheer them on to try to catch it. I don't like it when we have spiders in the house. I'm afraid of the possibility of my cats getting bitten by the spiders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page