Need help Urgently. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Need help Urgently.

Well i'm going with my sons to pick up out 2 year old brown tabby but we dont have any food and such , i was wondering if it would be ok to drive the cat around to petsmart and leave him in the car in the humane society box for maybe 20 minutes then drive him back to our home. Would it be better to bring him home first and leave him in a confined area with no food litterbox or toys , would he be freaked out? What's the better choice? I'm going in about 3 hours so i need advice quick =/

Thanks , Manny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Premier Cat

Why not shop for the supplies you'll need before you pick up the cat?

If you're not sure about what kind of food to buy, you can always buy a few sample bags of different foods and a couple of cans of wet. Even better, call the shelter and find out what the cat has been eating there.

I would not leave the cat in the car while you shop. The cat will be upset already, and depending on where you live the temperature may be too hot to safely leave the cat.

Bringing the cat home and leaving it with no food, litter, etc. is not a great option either. Once that cat comes home, you'll want to keep a close eye on it while it becomes familiar with its new surroundings.

Good luck!!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:23 AM

I agree. Go to the pet store on the way to get the cat, rather than the other way round.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:36 AM

I agree, get your supplies first. Then get the cat. It might be dangerous for his health to leave him in a hot car for 20 minutes. And who knows, it may take longer then that to shop.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Cool Cat

actually, most petsmart stores are happy to let you bring the cat in WITH you while you shop...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morea
actually, most petsmart stores are happy to let you bring the cat in WITH you while you shop...
This is very true if they are confined in a carrier or on a leash. I did think about that, but like a dummy did not mention it. Thanks for bringin that up.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 02:13 PM

either go beforehand or take your new angel in with you!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 AM

When I picked up Gloria from the shelter, they gave me a bag of food to take with. (Science Diet adult) I already had the litter and litterbox ready. If you're getting your cat from a shelter, ask them for some food to take with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page