little pregnant kitty update! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

little pregnant kitty update!

Well I must say I am shocked. I feel the need to vent a bit.

I was taking my oldest son to work this morning and I found out where the little one lives. The trailer on the other side of my deadbeat neighbor. They are not people I associate with(I think they are not nice people), and it is no wonder looking at the condition of the kitten they allowed to get pregnant!
And this is not the first time they have had litters of Kittens either. My deadbeat neighbor has one of the siblings to that one. He has not fixed her either. GRRRR

Yesterday she came back here several times to eat, but not this morning. So I guess that there is nothing more I can do for her except offer her food when she stops by. *Sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's upsetting Zoeae. Unfortunately, there is no law against indiscriminate breeding.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

I know it is very unfortunate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

She came back this evening, to eat, and decided she was staying the night. Maybe she knew we where going to have storms tonight. She seems to be less annoyed by my cats at home, and seems very comfortable in the house tonight. She is sleeping in my son's room for the night for her safety. I do not yet trust my cats to leave her alone. She is stil so tiny, but her tummy seems to have grown. We still cannot feel any fetal movement yet.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

This morning she does not want to leave. Poor little thing is all flea bitten. But she has been eating like a horse and is tolerating the other cats, and they are tolerating her.

I really hope that she decides to stay, and if she does stay for real then I can do right by her.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:32 AM

That is really sad that people allow their animal to room around and get pregnant like that if they cannot afford to spay/neuter why don't they take them to a shelter I'm sure there must be some shelters that would do it for them, poor kitties
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Senior Cat

Maybe I'm wrong but I seriously hope this little one decides you're a much better cat parent than her owners and stays with you. I'm sure she'd feel safe at your home to have her babies. I doubt her uncaring owners would know she'd gone!

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I doubt they would miss her too. Seems to me that she is out more then in, and she has been so starved that we cannot eat or cook without her in our plates, so we have to put her into a different room at mealtimes.

She has been following me in and out of the house today in the rain. When I have to leave to go somewhere she follows me out to the car and sits on the curb. Then when I get home she is waiting on the porch and comes running to the car to greet me. One time she actually jumped into the car to see me.

I do not like her getting that close to the street, but I do not know if there is anything I can do to discourage her without damaging her frail state of mind.

I brought my cats home a new catnip toy from the store and they seem pleased about it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Like Misty, I am hoping she will move in with you!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

she decided to leave today after she had 2 good meals. i know she will be back again.

she is not even growling at the other cats anymore. and they can get close to her too. so far they are not touching her though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page