fighting cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

fighting cat

i have a one year old male cat and i did not know the importance of neutering a cat until a few weeks ago. my appointment for his neutering is in 3 weeks and i am quite worried about his agressive behaviour, he got into 3 fights within 2 days. i cannot keep him contained for 3 weeks and i am quite worried about what to do. if i was to get him neutured how quickly would he change because, wouldnt he be too use to his agressive behaviour and will he still be able to defend himself after he is neutured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:15 AM

He may still fight after neutering, but the reason for the fighting will be almost eliminated so it just depends whether he keeps out of the way of unneutered toms or not. He really shouldn't be going out unneutered - he will be directly contributing to the over population problem by mating with queens in season this time of year especially. I would call the vet and ask if they can neuter him earlier - we only need 1 day notice - and keep him in for a day after his op.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:16 AM

Forgot to add, when he does go in to the vets, it would be a good idea to get him tested for FIV & FeLV, which are both diseases spread by cat bites. If there is a large tom cat population around you, it could be a significant risk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page