Kitten rescued

I came across this today.

http://www.nexalis.com/archive/bbc.co.u ... 18745.html

Poor thing. Susan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Cat Addict

Welcome to the forum, Susan. Thanks for sharing the link. The news story was really amazing. But then I went to the site the "owner" made and I can't help but feel disgusted that this guy will return her to the canyon if other people don't pay for her operation and food. If he can't afford to keep her, he needs to take her to a no-kill shelter.

Moved to Cat Chat.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a strong will to live that kitten has! The breeder was absolutely cruel.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annissa
But then I went to the site the "owner" made and I can't help but feel disgusted that this guy will return her to the canyon if other people don't pay for her operation and food. If he can't afford to keep her, he needs to take her to a no-kill shelter.
It said right on the homepage that he would take her to a shelter if he could not afford her
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Yeah I'm not sure where you read that either. *puzzled*

Man those videos were amazing. Made me feel like a bit of a lazy cat owner. And of course...the montage almost made me cry. She does seem very special, I hope he is able to care for her.

The donations made seem to be just for food, so I hope he's planning on getting a job and paying for her to have that surgery. I never quite know what to think when people say "help me pay for my pet's operation, I don't have enough money or a job." I almost think they are better off rehoming the cat to someone who *can* pay for it. But if I were in that situation, I'd do everything to keep my cat I suppose. I'd be working my butt off to try and find a job, or getting a loan. I suppose making a website and asking for donations wouldn't be out of the question...I love my cats too. But if it meant the difference between getting life-saving surgery and not getting it and dying, I would definitely rehome them.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Cat Addict

The link at the bottom of the article is the site the guy made for Ginger. http://www.feedginger.com

"I have decided to ask you to help me keep Ginger. If her cuteness and talents are worth the food she consumes then I want you to show me through your donations to help her. I am unable to bring myself to decide Ginger's fate on my own. I have therefore made this website so that you can determine her future for me.

"Here is how you can help. Make a donation towards Gingers food. If enough people think Ginger is worth saving, and she can generate enough dontations to pay for her food, then I won't have to take her to a shelter. But if nobody reading this thinks she's worth it, then eventually I will be unable to take care of her and have to take her to a shelter. We all know what happens to unwanted cats that are taken to shelters and I really don't want that to happen to Ginger."

It's apparently been updated since I posted my response. Originally it said he would post her weight each day and if he didn't get enough donations she would lose weight so it was up to all of us to decide what a healthy weight for Ginger was. Then he went on to say if he didn't get enough money she would be put back in the canyon. Something along the lines of, "That's where she came from, that's where she'll go back to."

I stand by what I said in my first post. If he can't afford her, he needs to take her to a no-kill shelter. I have a feeling this website is the same as savetoby.com.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annissa
The link at the bottom of the article is the site the guy made for Ginger. http://www.feedginger.com

"I have decided to ask you to help me keep Ginger. If her cuteness and talents are worth the food she consumes then I want you to show me through your donations to help her. I am unable to bring myself to decide Ginger's fate on my own. I have therefore made this website so that you can determine her future for me.

"Here is how you can help. Make a donation towards Gingers food. If enough people think Ginger is worth saving, and she can generate enough dontations to pay for her food, then I won't have to take her to a shelter. But if nobody reading this thinks she's worth it, then eventually I will be unable to take care of her and have to take her to a shelter. We all know what happens to unwanted cats that are taken to shelters and I really don't want that to happen to Ginger."

It's apparently been updated since I posted my response. Originally it said he would post her weight each day and if he didn't get enough donations she would lose weight so it was up to all of us to decide what a healthy weight for Ginger was. Then he went on to say if he didn't get enough money she would be put back in the canyon. Something along the lines of, "That's where she came from, that's where she'll go back to."

I stand by what I said in my first post. If he can't afford her, he needs to take her to a no-kill shelter. I have a feeling this website is the same as savetoby.com.
He seems callous with the "If you don't do this, I will get rid of her" attitude. How about this for a donation, "I'll pay you to ship her here, because I know I can afford her."? My heart is breaking for her. Oh, and did anyone else notice that he has TWO cats?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 11:01 AM

Yeah, and the funny thing is, his first cat is a purebred bengal. Maybe he could afford to buy an expensive purebred cat before he lost his job.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 AM

I feel bad for ginger but I really dont know what to think about John
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 11:39 AM

This guy lucked out by coming across this beautiful kitten. He should go out and get a job so that he is worthy of that precious cat!
(JMO!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page