Update on Sampson, for those that remember... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Update on Sampson, for those that remember...

not sure how many people here remember the deal with Sampson, the cat I took back to the shelter cause he was so sick

Well I have been going to the shelter religiously, just about every time they are open when my schedule is, and tonight was the first night since I brought him back on 5/18, that he didn't have "medical" on his cage. He also didn't have the "do not remove" on his cage also, so I was able to hold him for over an hour. He laid on my shoulder, then on my chest, and then on my leg like a lion king

I know some of you are against me readopting him, and you have your opinions... but I probably am going to readopt him. He is just about the sweetest cat I have ever seen. None of the other cats I hold at the shelter act like him, I swear, he is so special.

I know it was hard on him to go back to the shelter, but he did have coccidia and round worm and a bad URI, and I just wasnt in the position to deal with that. If it comes up again, I am sure I will be able to deal with it. I am hoping too, that his little pee incident was an accident. I am taking that risk with him when bringing him back here, but I will do things differently with the litter box, etc.

So that's an update for anyone who remembers. I have to go back Sunday and see when he will be ready for adoption, since he has just finished his medication. They have given me the greenlight on readopting him for no fee, because he was so sick. If I learned anything about this at all, is that I really have a love for animals more than I know. I just can't think of leaving him there. So I will keep you all updated. Hopefully I'll have some happy posts to post in the future, if and when he does come back home with me.

Thanks!
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 02:00 AM

I support your decison totally..im glad that he is doing good and coming back home to you. jazzy will never be replaced but hopefully sampson will bring you joy as your jazzy did.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Cat Addict

Annie, only your heart can really tell you when it is the right time to adopt a new kitty.

Jazzy was something special. You loved her very much and you will never forget her. If you decide to re-adopt Sampson, he will never be able to take her place, but I'm sure he will be very special to you as well.

Our pets are very special to us here. Losing one of them is like losing a family member. Often, we need a grieving period to really come to terms with our loss. When that time is complete, then we may be able to open our hearts to a new pet.
If it is not that time yet, then don't force it. It will be better for both of you in the long run. But if it is, I wish you and Sampson all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Yes, I remember, and have been following all your updates with interest!! Sounds to me like Sampson just wouldn't let go of your heart!!

It's really great, too, that they took care of him and will replace him with you for no extra fee!!

It must be that it was just meant to be....but the timing was a little off.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

Great news!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

This is very good news. Im very happy for you and Sampson.
Are you going to rename him or keep current name.

Congratulations

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 07:18 AM
d_b
Cat

Great news!! Just as we choose our pets, our pets choose us. Sounds like Sampson has chosen you.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
This is very good news. Im very happy for you and Sampson.
Are you going to rename him or keep current name.

Congratulations

Thanks Mitts & Tess... I will probably keep his name. It seems to fit him well. He's such a cute cat, and such a spunky little thing, but yet so warm and affectionate... I really like the name Sampson with, they seemed to name him accordingly, so I think I'll keep it. The only thing I am changing is the spelling, LOL!!... they don't put the "p" in Sampson, but I will
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm really pleased that you and Sampson are going to be together. Don't forget the soft claws and more attention to litter box training. If you love him, you should have him. You'll find a way to solve problems, I'm sure!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:30 PM

Glad he's better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page