Uttterly digusted - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Uttterly digusted

I'm here at work late and Disgusted that I have found a repossed house by the bank ( I work for a property preservation company) where the owners had abandoned 5 cats! They all have collars from the pictures my workers took and have been running in and out of the house. There is a ripped bag of cat food, and several beyond disgusting litterboxes and toys.

I am soo ashamed that people would treat animals like this.
I have contacted a non-kill shelter in that area and sent them pictures of the cats and conditions. I hope that they respond positively or else there will be 5 more cats to add to feral listings of Ohio.

ARGH! just grrrr.... We even had a house once that was a moggie cattery. There were 3 cats trapped in a garage. My woker was nice enough to cut a hole so they could get out since they were scared witless.

~sigh~ People are so heartless
IF anyone knows of any REALLY good Cat rescues in Ohio Non-kill PLEASE e.mail them my way for when I run across these types of houses again. I've searched and e.mailed a couple and done links. It's a hard thing to find non-kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

not for my area. Cozy Cat I'm VERY aquinted with. my rescued kittens are there and that is where I got my lil LOVE kilala. I mean ALL OVER OHIO, if someone has had experiance with a good non-kill shelter please send it my way.

Our Company goes over the whole state of Ohio and usually these houses are rural areas that have the abandoned animals.

And like I said before I have already done the links searches that were posted in the Sticky and e.mailed several places.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Cat Addict

There's one in Mansfield where they do low-cost spay and neutering. It's called STOP.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 06:03 PM

I looked up no kill shelters in Ohio, which you could probably do the same as you know more what cities are around and maybe know more about the no kill shelters than us 'out of staters'. LOL!

Anyway, I found 4 links on this one site that work (the others don't).

www.carolines-kids.org

www.lfaw.org

www.bosney-densmore.org

www.littlevictories.net

www.petpromise.org (this one does not have a shelter. All animals are in foster homes)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 09:28 PM

err......5 links.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Petpromise is actually one of the ones I contacted. I heard there is something going on called "Feral Fridays" where volunteers actually drive around and pick up Ferals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page