odor in concrete - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

odor in concrete

Hi its been a long time since i posted. I have been busy moving into my new house. I have one issue .. The basement laundry room reeks of what i think is dog urine. There was a carpet and i ripped it out (oh how bad it stunk) and the floor still smells. I am not sure it's urine, it could of been the result of a wet stinky carpet but can anyone recommend an odor remover that works on concrete. I read somewhere that an enzyme solution will work. What exactly is the best product and how do i use it?

thank so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Premier Cat

I know they bleach the kennels where I volunteer at an animal rescue. Maybe that would work to kill any germs & smell
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

yeah i did the bleach thing twice, the pinesol thing twice, no luck.. still smells..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Banned

Maybe it got into cracks or seams?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:27 AM

Silly question, but are you sure its the floor that still stinks? I know at the shelter to get rid of the smell, we also wipe down the walls and baseboards etc as well as the floor as the urine smell sticks to it in th air.

We just use plain bleach too, but sometimes strong vinegar if its bad.

I have also heard of putting lumps of charcoal in the room to absorb the smell (but not sure if this works or not)

If all else fails, perhaps a good cleaning and then treating the floor with some kind of sealant?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

yes.. i heard of using an enzyme cleaner.. one that comes to mind is natures miracle? then once i remove all the smell i am going to treat it? seal it.. i checked the walls and the majority of the smell is coming from the floors.. there are stains to prove it..

thanks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 01:23 PM

I've never had any luck with Nature's Miracle, but other people like it. I've heard good things about Anti-Ickypoo, but I haven't tried it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page