Need your input on this situation... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Renea
Need your input on this situation...

So i think Baby is Prego again (shes the one we took in off the streets and ended up being prego when we took her in)

SAD part is, It would be by her own son whose 10 month old himself.

I'm upset because he goes to the vet this thursday to get all his shots then in 2 weeks to get fixed.. and we were doing this to make sure this didnt happen and well he beat us to it. I could kick myself in the butt for not getting him fixed sooner.

Shes huge which also means he had to of got to her almost 3 months ago. I mean she looks ready to pop.. and she got HUGE this last week.

What bad things can come of her having a litter from her own son??

I've heard the story's of stillborn kittens and such. But how much of this is true. i just what to know the worst of this so i can expect anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:24 PM

Why haven't you gotten Baby fixed yet?????????
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
She can't be three months pregnant. Gestation is only 9 weeks. Inbreeding is very undesirable. The kittens would be twice as likely to have physical problems that might or might not show up immediately. To prevent this from happening, you have to isolate a female from all males until she's spayed, which should be immediately after weaning.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 AM

You're probably right, she is probably pregnant. Her son could have been able to do this as of five or six months and if he is ten months and has been around her then I would be surprised if she wasn't pregnant. Still born kittens are very sad and possible, birth defects are worse though. Prepare yourself that you might need to make some tough decisions about having kittens put down if there are birth defects. I know birth defects are very common in colonies with a lot of inbreeding.

I hope things work out for the best and she is not pregnant!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for you input...i know im 100% at fault for this for slacking on getting Tigger or her fixed sooner. Tiggers has an appointment at 1:30 on thursday so i know this wont happen again.

I just want to prepare myself ... Do u know how long it takes for most problems to occur if its not a noticable defect.

Oh and i was feeling her stomach last night and you can tell she is pregnant.. But i didnt feel much movement as i did her last litter. So im sure some will be stillborn.. Im thinking shes only going to have 4 tops this time too.. shes not as wide as last time.. more hanging low.

Jeanie, The full pregnancy is only 9 weeks? I honestly didn't know.. People have told me 3 months that why i always just thought. I've only had one litter before so i wasn't 100% on everything with a feline pregnancy. Thanks for the info
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I sincerely hope the kittens are all right and find good homes. Now would be a good time to neuter the male.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 PM

Maybe I shouldnt even mention it....
But you could still have her spayed.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:23 PM

oh, that is so sad! It is wonderful that you are neutering Tigger, but it would still be good if you spay Baby. I hope that they will be born fine, and that the people who take them will understand that the kittens could have a defect. Good Luck with the kittens,
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yea im going to get her done after the kittens are gone.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
Maybe I shouldnt even mention it....
But you could still have her spayed.
Although it depends how pregnant she is, I agree. This poor cat shouldn't have to go through this. I would get her to the vets to see if they can estimate how close she is to giving birth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page