Pepper has gone missing!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Pepper has gone missing!!!

I cannot seem to find my baby, either he's somewhere new in the house, or he got out SOMEHOW...I don't know how though!!!! All the doors were shut, I'm the only one home, and I've checked the windows, I'm freaking out! I don't know what else to do?! I called my fiance who is up in Albany(2 hours away from me) for the week, and he's all calm about it like nothing is wrong...I'm so scared! What if he did get out? Will he come back? I don't live in a busy neighborhood, but there is a lot to see, what if someone else scoops him up!??? That makes my heart sink!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

I know, I know, what am I doing on the computer, I should be out looking for him, I went outside already, and have spent the last hour and a half looking for him. I checked all his favorite spots, over and over, called his name, he always comes when I call his name, he didn't come when I opened his favorite window, he is always right behind me when I open his window, or when I got out the canned food this morning....I'm so scared!!!! Anyone had their indoor cat get out before? Did they come back? I'll be devestated!!!! I think I have to cry now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:01 PM

awwww. Has Pepper hidden in the house before? I would keep putting out food and water,just like you are doing, and keep the litter box clean so you can tell if he has used it.

How long has he been missing?

If you really do think he has gotten outside, I would suggest hanging out outside and calling him. Maybe have some strong amelling food too.
And you could make some posters and get them up. As well as call the local animal shelters to see if they have a cat meeting his description.
Does he wear a collar?

Good luck and keep us posted.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so sorry you're under this kind of strain. This happened to me last year. Someone came to help when I was ill, and opened a door to a room used only for storage. I paniced, because I couldn't find either cat! I tried to reach her, but couldn't, and I was a mess. I looked in every cupoard, every room, and kept calling and calling. No meows in return. Finally, I opened that storage room door, knowing they wouldn't be in there, but they were curious. The woman had left the door open just long enough for them to go in, and then closed it, not realizing that what I had warned her about was true! I wanted to hold them and never let go.

I don't want to frighten you, but is there any closet that opens to the skeleton of the house? Our bathroom closet door does, and that's what I was afraid had happened, that the cats had gone behind the tub and between the studs. Also, is it possible that there's a even a small hole in a window screen?

If you become certain they are not in the house, check the sticky at the top of this page. It will help. Please keep us updated. I have other hints for you if they are definitely outside. I am praying that you find them soon.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Well, we found him! My friend came over and he helped me look for him, do you know where he was?!?! He was in the ceiling. He found a hole downstairs and crawled up into the ceiling. Whew!!!!! I cried when I saw him, I squeezed him and wouldn't let him go for a long time! I hope that never happens again!

Thanks for the kind words and advice! I appreciate it!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersmom
Well, we found him! My friend came over and he helped me look for him, do you know where he was?!?! He was in the ceiling. He found a hole downstairs and crawled up into the ceiling. Whew!!!!! I cried when I saw him, I squeezed him and wouldn't let him go for a long time! I hope that never happens again!

Thanks for the kind words and advice! I appreciate it!
i know how that is. when I thought I lost one of my cats, she was found outside and I was crying so bad when I hugged her that I got her all wet from my tears. poor girl, she was probably like "crazy lady, why are you getting me all wet, I just bathed myself 2 minutes ago!"

Angie
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:54 PM

I'm glad you found Pepper. Now your priority #1 is patching that hole. lol
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Thank goodness! I know how you feel. WONDERFUL!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:15 AM

Not even 72 hours after attaining my kitten, I thought I lost him. I KNEW he was in the house... I went to the supermarket just for an hour, came home, and he wasn't ANYWHERE. I panicked, and my children and I started to cry. Half an hour later (but felt like 3 hours) he sauntered out, yawning and stretching looking at us through sleepy eyes...
It was quite a scary feeling, and I was shaking for hours afterward from the adrenaline rush during my "panic phase"...
congrats on finding your baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page