Shipping a Cat---- Prices + UPDATE ON NEW CAT!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Shipping a Cat---- Prices + UPDATE ON NEW CAT!!

Possibly getting another cat... but the cat is in Outer Banks, North Carolina, to be delivered late August, 2005. Does anyone know what the approx. cost would be to ship the animal to me here in Las Vegas, NV? I haven't the foggiest clue how to go about looking up the information-- so any websites, prices, etc are welcome-- so I have a good idea whether to go through with getting this cat.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 PM

I'm not sure about those particular airports. But anytime I've had a kitten shipped to me the price has been between $150 - $200 I think. You could call the airports, they should be able to give you the info.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

yes-- the very little I have heard about shipping is it can start from $150 up to $500..... such a big price difference---

plus I have to take in consideration the weather.. It will be VERY VERY HOT around that time here in vegas-- the hottest weeks of the year-- probably will be around 110-115 degrees F outside...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:15 PM

My Japanese Bobtail kitten is being shipped to me on Monday from Columbus, OH to Orange County, CA. It cost $99 for the airfare on Continental, $25 for the health certificate, and $25 for the cat carrier.

Banzai's coming home!!!!!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

snowball--
How is this being handled?
Do you have to go directly to the airport and pick up the cat(like picking up baggage at baggage claim)
Or is the cat delivered to your door?
Really-- I am inexperienced at this! Would love to hear your situation!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:20 PM

I am going to pick him up at baggage claim at John Wayne airport. The flight is supposed to come in at 10:09 pm and my kids want to come with me. Egads, but they will be tired the next day.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 03:18 AM

Let us know when he is home!!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:20 AM

Well, I know a lot of airliners won't ship animals after June 1st because of the heat.
The only people that I know who ever send cats to other parts of the country hand deliver them. They don't charge the new parents, since they won't hand over the cats until the new people pass inspection anyways.

Jennifer
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:35 AM

Alot of airlines are also going to increase the prices now because of the new regulations about carrying animals and the fact they have to document cases where the animals are hurt or killed etc... a few airlines may also stop carrying animals and therefore push up the prices of the others further.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

hmm.. yes I am still talking to this breeder. Still haven't decided whether to go through with this "deal"... I get hesatant when the contract does not clearly define all costs. The cost of the kitten is clearly defined, but is vague on the transport-- so far I am not liking what I hear, transport is going to cost much more than the alternative to ship on an airline--- as of right now the breeder would like me to pay half of her airplane ticket to come here and half of her one night stay at hotel. I am not really cool with that. So I gave her return email stating I am willing to pay to have kitten flown for $100-150, and not willing to pay more than that. And that I want it in writing.
It doesn't help that I have fallen in love with the kittens picture-- she is a calico female persian....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page