How do your cats greet you when you come home? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

How do your cats greet you when you come home?

Pumpkin is always the first one at the door these days and was often sitting on the table in our entrance hall. Now, she does something new... when she hears us coming, she runs to the sidelights next the the front door and paws the window like crazy until she hears the key in the door!! It is so cute watching her -- she looks like she is digging standing up!!

Anyone else have a cat greeting to share?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:34 PM

As soon as I get in, Vequi will walk to my bedroom, jump into my bed, and start meowing, purring and rolling over like crazy. The excitement wears off in less than two minutes, though.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Cool Cat

Our cats are always behind the door when we come in. I've learned not to open it too quickly for fear of squishing them. They take a moment (or two if I've been at the shelter) to sniff our shoes, then they scamper off and have a go at the scratching post. Sometimes they'll trot into the bathroom, which is right off the entry, and hop into the tub and ask for water.

It's funny - they know when it's us coming out of the elevator and when it's someone else. I'll be in the apartment waiting for my boyfriend to come home, and other people will come and go but they know it's him the minute the elevator door opens and they go running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Mine look my way, from their comfy couch, and meow a sleepy hello. Very seldom do they run to greet me, unless they just want their dinner.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Our 2 will either come running or sometimes will already be behind the door. I often wonder if they don't sleep there cause I get home from work 1/2 hr. before my husband and they will lay by the door waiting for him.

A lot of times Simone will sit and paw at my shoes like she's digging and it's ONLY my shoes. We haven't figured out why. Most places my husband and I are together, so his shoes should smell like mine...or maybe she thinks my feet stink?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 PM

Within a few minutes of walking in the door, my cat will get up from his current resting spot-- very slowly, very lazy, but ALWAYS comes out within 5 minutes of me coming home. Usually he'll just look at me, then go back to sleep. Once in a blue moon he will stay awake and play...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 PM

Oliver is always sleeping in my bed when I get home so he strolls down the steps making these weird noises to let me know he is available for love. He then goes to my feet, rolls over on his back, constantly making noises. He is just so cute!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:43 AM
d_b
Cat

Baily and Psycho will sit in the window watching me until I aproach the building. Then they will jump from the window and scury to the front door with Baily sitting patiently by the door and Psycho rolling on the floor behind it. I can only open the door about a foot and a half before it hits Psycho.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 12:14 PM

Our cat jumps from wherever he has decided to sit on that day, charges towards the door and meows like crazy. But after a few minutes of attention, he leaves for his cat tree.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 12:33 PM

Sometimes Kiera is at the door, and when I open it, she just walks over to the side casually into the kitchen as if to say "Oh, no I wasn't excited for your arrival, i was just looking over there at the... um... tiles! Yes, the tiles...". Such a bugger, she is happy to see me

The rest of the time, she is usually snoozing on the bed, and so she comes out yawning and stretching a few minutes after I get in.

Ahh, the joys of having a cat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page