Do you have to Disguise your Cat Litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Do you have to diguise your Cat litter?
Yes I have to put a False beard on it. 2 11.11%
No they'll take anything 16 88.89%
I have to take all my waste to local Disposal plant 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Do you have to Disguise your Cat Litter

Just wondered whether anyone else has to diguise there cat litter for the dustmen. Our dustman will take cat litter, but the problem is they mistake it for something else (dirt etc) and think its garden waste and so leave it behind. So now i have to make sure its hidden with all my domestic waste. Having to do this i find a little ridculous as well i pay for the service. Just wondered if others have the same problem

Sx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:24 AM

Our Bin men do not have a problem with taking cat litter in with the house hold rubbish, i just bag it up and put it in the wheelie.

Do you keep the used litter seperate from your household waste for them not to take it?

i can just imagine our binmen rifling through the bins taking out all the bags of used litter and leaving them behind !!!

In fact our bin men will take anything that is placed in the wheelie whether it be garden waste or broken down furniture but they have introduced a rule that if the lid is open more than a few inches(when the bin is full) then they will not empty your bin ???? which i find ridiculous. and they will definitly not take bags left at the side of the bin.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

I think ts the fact that we don't have wheelie bins so we have to leave black bags by our front gate. So anything that looks vaguly like cat litter they just leave the bag behind. I think they believe its garden waste which they wont take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I feel sorry for you. There is a huge garbage bin in my apartment complex and everything is thrown inside there, so I never had an issue with that.

However, they only correct garbage once a week. One hour after they collect the garbage the bin is already full!!! Grrr...

I think people already know how unreliable the garbage people are so as soon as they see the people taking out the trash they hurry home and bring out the trash they have accumulated in the apartment.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

I save the bags it comes in and pour the used litter back in the saved bags and put them out beside my trash bin. I'm quite sure they know what's in there.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:06 AM

Scribbles, I would mix it in with your other garbage!
I cant see why they are not taking it?
I doubt they think it is for the garden since you have it set out.
Have you called them to ask? Maybe they feel it is recycleable?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Premier Cat

the bin men here are the same. We dont have wheely bins either. But anything that looks like garden waste they wont take. Altho saying that they are very good on taking the rabbit/guinea pig mess from cleaning them out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:28 PM

They take any of my stuff!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 PM

My husband sifts the cat litter into a Target or Walmart bag, and takes it to the trash chute and it's right in the garbage dumpster.

We live in an apt. too and they take our garbage 2 times a week. We have 4 big bins and they all get pretty full.

Where my father in law lives, , people will try and cram their garbage into the trash chute hole and if the bag is too full they just leave it set in the room instead of walking it down to the dumpster on their way to work, or wherever they're going. You can imagine the yucky smell when it's 80 degrees in the hallway.

I felt bad for laughing, but it was funny one time. People are notorious for not returning shopping carts back to the garage so others can use them. My father in law found a cart down by someone's apt. that had a really raunchy smelling garbage in it. Smelled like it had been there for days. He took it out, set it by the person's door and took the cart. I know it was mean, but don't people have to learn their lesson to return stuff? LOL!

Mind you, this is a richer neighborhood, so you have some decent-incomed people in his building. You'd think they, of all people, would be the smarter ones? Not so..LOL!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Our garbage service will take anything. All of the animal bedding/litter is biodegradable, but there's just so darn much of it we have to throw it out!

I think the only thing we compost is the rabbits' poos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page