Morning Suprise - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Morning Suprise

I am in need of help.
This morning hubby comes home with something bundled in his arms. It didn't take but a minute to figure out what it was because of this loud purr coming out from underneath an arm. She is the cuties little orange and white kitty. She is also probably pregnant or has worms. I didn't have a chance to check her over really good because I was already running late for work but her head is small and her belly is big. We know she is being feed somewhere or is a really good hunter because we laid down food and water and all she wanted is love. She does have fleas and ticks though but that is no surprise.
Now hubby doesn't normally bring kitties home but she was different. He was doing his morning deliveries and seen her and thought she was just to cute so after he was done making his deliveries he went back to see if she was still there. As soon as he pulled up she comes running and jumps through the window into his car!!! He took her back out and started to look around to see where she might have come from. He said he basically followed her to were she had been staying in the bushes and there was 2 other kitties that were dead. Well seeing that he couldn't leave her there.
Now to my problem. With having the other 2 cats dead I am worried she might have something and we do not have the money to take her and get tested. We do have her in the garage separated from our cats. We are also going out of town this weekend and there will be no one there to watch her to make sure she is ok. She does have a little bit of a cough to which also worries me.
Does anyone have some suggestions of what I can do?
I don't want her to go to the shelter because she is just sssssoooooo sweet and lovable and I know would make a great pet for someone. We are leaving town early tomorrow morning so something will have to be done today. I have been check around at the vets and Humane Society's with no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Banned

It sounds to me like this cat has chosen you to live with. But if it's too much of a burden on you financially to take care of this cat, the responsible thing to do for her welfare is to take her to a shelter or humane society that can properly care for her and find a good home for her. As you say, she would make a good pet for someone, so I don't think you have to worry about her not being adopted. You did the right thing keeping her separate from your current cats as she's probably sick. If you're going to be gone this weekend, I urge you to take her in today. Best wishes.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 PM

I would also take her to a no kill shelter. Sounds like she's in need of some medical attention right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

My husband is trying to talk me into keeping her. Its normally the other way around.
We just aren't stable enough finacially right now because knowing she is sick we would have the vet bills right to begin with and I worry about my other 3 babies getting something from her then having their bills on top of that. I really wish we had the money
I have been contacting the Humane Society's, shelters, and vets in my area but they just had a bust from a horder and puppy mill so they are pretty full right now. I am running out of options.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Re: Morning Suprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskitty
As soon as he pulled up she comes running and jumps through the window into his car!!! He took her back out and started to look around to see where she might have come from. He said he basically followed her to were she had been staying in the bushes and there was 2 other kitties that were dead.
God put this special kitty into your hands. God will take care of it. I am pretty sure the cat is at least moderately healthy because cats that are unhealthy usually are not this friendly. The fact that the kitten shows so much friendliness makes me think that it at least FEELS healthy.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Well I had decided on Friday morning that I was going to foster the kitty since I couldn't find her a home and didn't want to take her to the shelter. I spoke with a lady from a rescue group that got me a great deal getting her tested, shots, spayed, etc..... and all I had to do was pay for the spay which was $15. Well she went in on Sunday morning and the first thing they did was the tests. She came back positive for feline lukemia. I had to have her put down because she was so far gone already.

Just thought I would update everyone.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:29 PM

I'm really sorry At least you can find comfort in the fact that her lsat days were happy warm ones, and that if it wasn't for you and your husband, she could really be suffering somewhere now. You did the best thing for her.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 04:51 PM

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I don't know what to say......

I am so, so, so very sorry.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Poor little one! However, as Pandora said, she had her last days with loving people who gave her love, nourishment, and good food. I think the Mother probably died of feline leukemia and somehow this kitten lived. Who can say why. I'm sure your husband will always be touched by the memory of this kitten seeking him out for help. Bless that little kitten. I'm sure she's healthy now, and playing with the other kittens--entertaining the angels.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page