bowl of water always knocked over - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

bowl of water always knocked over

Everyday I fill up Mister's water bowl more than once because he always moves it around the kitchen, spilling water everywhere and eventually tips it upside down. I have tried getting heavy water bowls with sticky rubber on the bottom, but he is very determined to get the water out of that bowl and onto the floor! If he can't move it, he'll just stick his paw in the water and flick it everywhere until its empty. It looks like he has a lot of fun doing it, but I am getting tired of cleaning water up off the floor more than once a day. He always gets fed on time, and he is a very happy cat. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Well, my first suggestion for water problems is always a pet fountain. But if you don't want to spend that much, a pet tray (with raised rim) will at least contain the bowl in one spot and keep most of the water off the floor.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:40 PM

Something else that works is to get a brick or rock heavy enought to hold it more or less in place and a pan/dish big enought to put the brick/rock in the center and then fill it with water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I have a cat who's the same way. He LOVES to tip the water! What I did was get a REALLY heavy ceramic bowl that is equally as wide from base to top (so the sides are not slanted at all). It's really hard to tip over unless it's pretty empty. Buddy tries and tries, pulling at the sides of it, but he's not tipped this one over yet (infact, the only time it's tipped is when my roomie tripped over it! lol)

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Cat Addict

yup, my oldest does the same thing. Big heavy ceramic dog bowl is the only thing that works. She still smacks it and splashes it around, but gave up trying to dump it long ago. I got a nice cobalt blue one from Pet Supplies Plus, they're not cheap either, +/- $10 if I recall.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 AM

And who ever said cats hate water? I've had many over the years that have played in their water, licked the tub after a shower, walked through wet sinks (with standing water in them!), then track the wet paw prints all over creation. LOL
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Tom Cat

Re: bowl of water always knocked over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister'sMom
but he is very determined to get the water out of that bowl and onto the floor! If he can't move it, he'll just stick his paw in the water and flick it everywhere until its empty.
hahah I'm sorry - I laughed when I read that part

I've never that as much problems as you... I wouldn't even consider mine a problem actually aftering reading this thread. How about the stainless steal ones that have the extra wall around it? (I hope that makes sense because I don't know what you would call that, but I'm sure you've seen it at pet stores)

Angie
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
One time I was taking a bath and my Jade came running up to me. He ran so fast he jumped into the bathtub with me

Of course, after he realized what he was doing, he was like "what the **** did I just do???" and jumped out

My cats used to TIP THEIR WATER all the time!!! It drove me crazy. I eventually got a Petmate water fountain and I was extremely pleased with it. Petmate water fountains are SOOOOO QUIET!!! I brought mine for $40 at Petco but later I found out Wal-Mart sells them for $25 . Grrr....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 03:36 PM

keep the dish on a thick dry towel to keep it from sliding or moving
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:47 PM

My kittens have a drinkwell water fountain and i have never looked back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page