Driving home... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Driving home...

Driving home from an auction I was at all day, I found lying in the middle of the dusty, stoney road a little motionless black and white kitty (kitten really). Stopped and got out - it probably had just been hit by the &^&*$ ahead of me - well maybe they didn't know, but still...

Picked up the little soft body...STILL WARM..held him in my hands there by my car and cried for him ...he never knew what happened I fear (or am thankful for!)...

IF...IF I had seen ANY and I mean any sign of life in him, wild horses couldn't have gotten him to the nearest vet faster than I would have, BUT I only saw a misty, breath? (just steam really) escape his lifeless body into the cool, damp air as he gave up all his life...at least someone (I) was there with the little guy! So sad!

What to do? What to do? Happened in front of an empty looking house trailer (had a "For Sale" sign in front) so figured he was a loner. Laid him softly in the tall grass by the side of the road...what else could I think of?
Knew he would be there later When (NOT IF) I came back.

He's here with us tonight...pray for the little guy...with us - I have done everything for him...he is in God's almighty hands right now as I type this...pray for him.

May God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

This little guy...

He was here just a little while,
This little guy God smiled and looked down upon.

Every day seemed such a challenge
for this little life God smiled and looked down upon.

Meadows, hills, birds, bugs surrounded him
this little life God smiled and looked down upon.

I found him too late and God smiled and looked down upon me as I held him for God to see.

Now he and God smile and look down upon you and me.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 06:06 AM

I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking coming across a cat that has been killed. Recently I came across a cat that had just been hit by a car, unfortunately it was still alive and in a very very bad way, as I was by myself I drove home and me and my boyfriend went to find it, we were there about 3 mins after I first saw the poor thing and it had passed away. It still haunts me today when I think about it

RIP little kitty
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 AM

same here i found a cat already dead that had been hit by a car so sad
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Cool Cat

It's wonderful that this little kitty was found by someone who could provide some comfort and love in the very last moments. The saddest thing, to me, about stray animals, is that they never know what it's like to be loved by a person. Love is the best thing we, as people, have to give to this world. We were the ones who domesticated these creatures. We should be there to care for and love them. Good for you in taking care of this little one as best as you can. I'm sure you've helped his spirit along. He will be just fine.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Premier Cat

Poor kitty. It was so kind of you to stop and comfort him while he took his last breath. Most people would not even stop.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 10:36 PM
d_b
Cat

You are a good man buster's owner. The Kitty may have found peace in his last moments thanks to you.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page