New kitten soon ! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

New kitten soon !

I don't think I've mentioned it here but my husband and I will be having a new cat in August. A female She is a Korat, the same breed as Pitoune belonged to. She was born on the 25th of May, so as you all can see, she isn't very big !

We will have to go and fetch her in Belgium, in Brussels. We have a Korat breeder here in France but he is much further from Paris than Brussels and he is also more expensive !

My husband was getting very worried to see me cry every day after we lost Pitoune and he offered me that we would take another cat, in order to ease the pain and help "turn the page" to something new. Which I accepted because the house is too empty ever since Pitoune has gone and I love so much cat that I can't live long without having one at home.

Of course , I know that this little cat will never have the same attitude as Pitoune but as a Korat she will therefore have similar caractheristics in her way of being. And anyway, I know that we will love her for what she is...

I can't wait to go and fetch her ! Those two months left are going to seem an eternity to me !

The breeder sent me an email saying that he will soon send me some pictures. As soon as I have them, I will post them here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:31 PM

Congrats on the new kitty! I can't wait to see pics!

I am not sure if you mentioned it before but how long has it been since Pitoune?

I am sure the new kitty will not be exactly like Pitoune but I am sure she will love you the same way.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Pitoune passed away on the 20th of April. Exactly 2 months ago.

When my husband proposed to have another cat, I firstly wasn't quite sure if it was a good thing. I was wondering if it wasn't too soon after the loss of Pitoune.

By taking another cat, I had the feeling that I was sort of erasing Pitoune from my life. I felt as if I hadn't the right to have a new cat and that by taking one, it proved that I hadn't that much pain for losing her.

And I was also wondering if I would be able to love this new kitten as much as I loved Pitoune. I loved Pitoune so, so much. I never loved a pet that much and you see, I'm 42 and I've had pets ever since I was 2 years old !

Therefore, I do feel happy to know that I will have this little one coming into my life. After thinking it over a long time, I said to myself that staying like this with no pet will not make Pitoune return and taking a cat will not erase her from my heart nor all the lovely memories I have kept of her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 01:02 PM

Congrarulations on the new kitty Korats are beautiful

Sx
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 02:30 PM

great news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page