Does anybody walk their cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Does anybody walk their cat?

My cat has been asking me to go outside recently. He is a indoor cat. I guess I could take him outside on walks like people do with their dogs. Does anybody here do that? I'm just curious. I have a leash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I walk both of my big boys without a leash everyday. They just follow me around like little puppies.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Banned

I walk Tommy and Rocket. I follow Tommy around like a puppy. With Rocket I just stand there and look stupid, because he doesn't go anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

I let my cat outside today but all he did was stand in one spot so I got bored and took him inside.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Premier Cat

I walk my cat's on leashes. It took a little time for them to get used to the harness but not long at all. I just started putting it on at home for short periods of time until they stopped rolling around like they had a brick on their back. Now their like two little dogs. If I touch the leashes they run to the door and sit. God forbid I'm just tidying up and move the leashes, then I have to stop everything and take them out or live with the guilt!

Victoria
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:11 AM

Timskitties.... are our babies related? lol

Mious loves walkgin, thoug i'm the one following her and Pharoah... he just sits... or wanders about 2 feet.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Banned

I'lll bet they are related....if we go back far enough!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Angel and Tasha always want to go outside so I bought them a harness. I put it on them once and they just sat there on the porch step, scared of the harness. When I tried to bring it out the second time they ran. I kinda gave up on that!

Angel is good when she is outside but I don't let her out often because Tasha will see her and want out too.

Sully is too scared to be concerned with going outside!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Jr. Cat

I can only walk Tweak at night when it's quiet. She really walks me, and I have to pick her up to get her inside. It took her a few times to get used to the harness, but she loves it now.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Jr. Cat

There are four households in my neighborhood who walk their cats, usually along with their dogs. None of the cats are leashed since we live in a suburban neighborhood with little street traffic and a lot of wooded greenspace. I used to take the cat for walks into those wooded areas since he was fearful of strangers, especially joggers and kids, and he loved to walk where there was tree cover and thick brush. In his younger days, I used to walk him at night and the next-door neighbor's older one-eyed cat, who was his mentor, would also come along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page