having problems feeding my cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

having problems feeding my cat!

for the past month or so ,,my cat has just not been eating canned food....even from the beginning he wasnt to into it..but he started eating it and enjoying it...i was giving him natural balance..i guess he got sick of it so i went and tried wellness..no luck, he just smells it and turns his head away...i also tried chicken soup...everything...he keeps wanting dry. I don't know what else to do..im starting to get so desperate that i will feed him any type of canned as long as it's canned he is so picky. any suggestions on what i can do? also... the bowl for his food is kinda low..not very low but not liek the typical bowls..a little deeper ...could that be a problem? b/c i notice he takes his food puts it on the ground next to it then eats it..but for dry food he will eat from the bowl sometimes .
any help is appreciated!

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Banned

Have you tried warming up the food? Cats prefer their food warm. Just one caution....if you nuke it in a microwave, let it sit for a minute or stir it up before serving to take out the hot spots, and also test it for proper temp with your finger.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks...i'll try that.. he gets sick of his food son so im running out of options on which food to buy him. i'll give that a try.

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

didn't work..

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

It's not the greatest nutrionally, but some people have had success getting a cat to eat wet food when they try Fancy Feast.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

ya im sure i wouldn't be surprised if he did eat it... im trying to avoid that...what is better? feeeding that or some other not as healthy wet food? or a combo of that and dry? which dry would u say is in your opinion a good one. if i cant feed him good wet atleast let me feed him decent dry.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

We used to feed Baby Fancy Feast and she loves that. Now we are feeding her Nutro Natural Choice, but now she doesn't seem to like the Natural Choice one. She only likes this one flavour so now we are gonna try and feed her Nutro Max cat and see if she likes it. Try Nutro products, maybe he'll like some of the flavours. Like my cat maybe he doesn't like the flavours your feeding him. Innova is another good one. We don't have Wellness or Innova here so we are trying the Nutro products. And if she doesn't like the Nutro products then we'll probably have to go back to Fancy Feast. I guess you have to try some things before your cat likes the food and actually eats it. Try also any other holistic foods like Nature's Recipe if you got that there. I hope something works out for you.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

ya ive tried natures recipe, wellness, chiicken soup, natural balance.... he seems ot hate anything thatis healthy or good for him. i dont give him tuna flavored or anything like that...is it ok to give them tuna flavored wet food?

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzkitty
is it ok to give them tuna flavored wet food?
Once a week I think it would be ok. Hmm... if they don't like the holistic foods then I guess your stuck then. Fancy Feast I heard from someone is actually better than those other foods. I guess you could try that. I wonder if anyone else has any other options you could try...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

ya..i heard it wasnt good to give tuna.. i don't know if that is correct or not. i gues i will try fancy feast wit some dry food..now i am trying to find really good dry food to substitute for the wet. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page