Collar? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Collar?

Since Angie is my half kitty, should I collarr her & put an I.D. tag on her? I really don't know if she is owned, but she doesn't have one on her. I know this probably sounds like a dumb question but I was wondering. Oh, for those who don't know about Angie, you can read my thread in the "meet my kitty" section with the thread titiled "my half kitty".

Thanks.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Go ahead. If she has another owner the other owner would most likely call you on the phone after seeing the collar and tag.

Personally, I get annoyed by people leaving their cats out all day long (I don't mean indoor-outdoor cats. I mean strictly outdoor cats who are not allowed indoors) I also get annoyed by people who don't put collars and tags on their cats. What if animal control picks those cats up??? In the local animal shelter cats get euthanized after only three days.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Okay. I know I'm upset that they leave the cat out 24/7 too. I mean I'm glad she is my half kitty, but, she should have been an indoor cat. If I didn't have allergies, she would be an indoor cat. But I can't. DUMB ALLERGIES! Obviously the owners careless about the cat. Not to mention they have more than two outdoor cats.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

How about a collar with an ID tag with your phone number? Then if there's another owner, they know who to call.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I agree. I wish you could keep her in. I know how much you want to. As Tim said, if she has an owner, you can be sure she'll call you, and you'll know for sure.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 12:44 AM

Just make sure you get her a "break-away" collar, so she does not get caught on anything and choke herself... you can find them at any pet store...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Cat Addict

Maybe you could buy a flea collar (because they're cheap and temporary) and on it write your phone # and something like "does this cat have a home?" That way, if the cat does have an owner, they won't jump to the conclusion that you're trying to take their cat if they see that you've put a collar and tag on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover_2004
DUMB ALLERGIES!
I second that one! I have allergies too, so I know how you feel. They're no fun at all, thats for sure. I do a lot to make living with my cats bareble, but my allergies still get the best of me sometimes.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
The Petguard herbal flea collars are awesome.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
I also get annoyed by people who don't put collars and tags on their cats. What if animal control picks those cats up??? In the local animal shelter cats get euthanized after only three days.
Well, we tried putting collars on Baby and all the time they get lost so no use putting it on her . She is an indoor/outdoor cat. If she was ever picked up I hope they would scan her microchip.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Banned

Tommy knows how to take his collar off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page