Preparations for 2 Week Absence? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Preparations for 2 Week Absence?

I'll be leaving my precious babies in the care of my family (who I live with) for 2 weeks at the end of July. Not only is this the longest I have ever been away from them, it's also the first time that I will be totally out of contact, meaning there is absolutely no way I can be reached in the event of an emergency (Ethiopia doesn't have the greatest cell phone reception )

Soooo....

I'm already stocking up on food, and have put together a sheet detailing the routine (feeding, cleaning, etc.) and also emergency numbers (vet's office and after-hours clinic).

Any other suggestions? I'm thinking I'll also give a little info on what to do if a cat gets out, since my babes are strictly indoors-only.

Like I said, I live with my family, and they adore these cats, but I'm a paranoid mom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 01:15 AM

I know I was scared stiff to leave my babies when I went to India for a month... they didn't even have a resident cat-sitter, just someone coming in to play with them every day, so you can imagine all the things they could have gotten into... I left lots of food, litter, etc, as well as the vets number and instructions on everything, but in the end they were fine... Don't worry too much about it - i'm sure the separation will be harder on you than them, especially with your family around a familiar place... They probably know the kitties pretty well anyhow....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Tom Cat

You might mention this forum to them in case they have any non emergency questions. I can't really think of what they would need to know beyond your instructions but the people here are a really helpful bunch.

Have a safe trip!

Kel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelae
You might mention this forum to them in case they have any non emergency questions. I can't really think of what they would need to know beyond your instructions but the people here are a really helpful bunch.

Have a safe trip!

Kel
I was thinking the same thing....just in case they can't get a hold of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page