cat tree/condos - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

cat tree/condos

Hi, I'm looking to buy a cat tree/condo for my 4 cats. I'm looking for a high quality, solid wood tree/condo with safe carpeting (no glue, no nails) and sisal (all natural, no oils) and very stable/safe. Any recommended places to look? Are there any sites that review this sort of thing? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:01 PM

Here you go, i got two from them and i'm happy.
http://www.yugisoft.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK
Here you go, i got two from them and i'm happy.
http://www.yugisoft.com

Went to the site. The trees are awsome & you can't beat the prices either PLUS.......there's no shipping & handling charge! Unbelieveable!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Nice, and they are solid wood (no cardboard, partical board, etc.), it doesn't say on their site. Thanks!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 01:09 PM

I have bought all kinds of cat furniture from different companies and have been dissappointed when I bought from companies that charged cheaper prices. My best cat furniture came from a more expensive company but I'm a satisfied customer. Save some money and invest in quality cat furniture. Here is a cat furniture company I can highly reccommend.

www.angelicalcat.com

I have been dissappointed by Foster and Smith and Ace Cat furniture. Foster and Smith does not make the nooks in their furniture big enough. I often feel their furniture is designed for kittens and petite cats. Good cat furniture is big enough for cats that are slightly overweight. Ace cat furniture was too cheap to predrill holes in their furniture and my boyfriend hurt his hand hammering holes into it until he was finally able to borrow a drill. I ordered a kitty cradle tower and on their website it says that the top of the tower is big enough for two and I fell for that. The truth is that it's barely big enough for one. I have wasted money on cat furniture and have shipped back cat furniture to Foster and Smith in the past, paying double for shipping fees. But in the future I will be a returning customer to Angelical cat furniture company. Their motto is "Not all cat furniture is created equal." It's so true. I'm sure there are other good cat furniture companies but you really have to investigate and the good ones will be expensive. Angelical Cat furniture will charge you a lot but you will be a satisfied customer. Check out the website even if you decide not to go with them. Their variety will amaze you.

Have fun shopping!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Wow! I didn't know about yugi soft. Perhaps it doesn't have to cost so much afterall! All depends on what you want and what you'd be happy with.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 10:25 AM

these are the two i purchased from them, cost less than $400 for both, no shipping, and they were the biggest one they got, i have them side by side, i took off the two perches, solid plywood and nice carpet and ropes for scratching, also, the bigger they are the more stable they are.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:47 PM

awesome! The prices are unbelievable. I am definately getting something from here. Is the free shipping all the time or is it just a special they are having?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 01:58 AM

I have a cat tree from Armarkat that I won on eBay. It's exactly the same as this one from Yugisoft:
http://www.yugisoft.com/viewitem.asp?ID=6&ItemID=16

I'm assuming the same manufacturer sells their trees under different names?

While I'm generally pretty satisfied with it (and our cats love it), I do have a few complaints. The plywood they use seems a bit unstable. If you look at the picture of the cat tree in the link, the board or platform on the right where the u-shaped rope is is bent on our tree. Our cats (one is 14 lbs. - a big, not fat, cat) like to sit on that board and jump from it to a nearby window sill. Over the 2 months that we've had it, that board has bent to the point where it's very obvious that it's no longer flat. I can understand why it's bent, as there's no support under the part that our cats jump and land on. It does say something about the quality of the plywood, however. I should also add that the top perch is a bit unstable. We might just need to tighten the screw a bit, but I think it's something worth noting since the original poster is looking for something stable.

I should make it clear that otherwise we are very satisfied with this tree. We got it for a great price (came out to $95 including shipping when we won it on eBay), and there's no brand of cat tree of comparable size and function in the same price range. Our cats love it. They're both sleeping on the top 2 perches as I type this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK
Curious...
There is carpet on them? Maybe it's the pic, but it looks like wood or maybe felt. But it's regular thick carpeting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page