Question for you... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Question for you...

Has any one here ever seen what acn truthfully be called an 'ugly' cat? or, What, in your opinion, makes one cat more 'cute' than another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 AM

personally, i've never seen an "ugly" cat, but i do have a soft heart for cats with disabilities or oddities. there was one cat at the spca that had a slight head tremor and eye sight problems. she was also a bit skinny, but i thought she was adorable. we would have adopted her, but since (at that time) we were first time cat owners, she was a little too play aggressive for us. if we ran into her again, we would most certainly adopt her! i think she was adopted into a good home though.

anyway, as for cats that are cuter--i have an even softer spot for orange tabbies!!!!!! I LOVE orange tabbies, i don't know why, but they make my heart melt instantaneously. maybe it's due to my childhood obsession with garfeild.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Cool Cat

Ugly cat

Well to be honest, my MIL's cat is not that beautiful. She's got a chubby body with a little head and a really skinny little tail. Also she's mainly white but with just a few pale tabby blotches which just don't look that great.
But she is so sweet and affectionate you've just got to love her.
Unlike our Jimmy who is so handsome he thinks he's doing you a favour if he lets you stroke him

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 AM

Re: Ugly cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell
Unlike our Jimmy who is so handsome he thinks he's doing you a favour if he lets you stroke him

seashell
hahahah! sounds like our Brutus!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Banned

Yeah, I've seen what I'd consider an ugly cat, but since it's strictly personal preference, I'm not going to name it, since it might be attractive to someone else with different preferences.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:40 AM

I don't really see any cats as "ugly" anymore. I used to not like the looks of Sphynx, Cornish Rexes, torties, and a few other types...but now I really love their looks. My friend rescued a cat a year or two ago that could have been considered ugly, she had a weird face, dirty, scrawny, and sadly dying of cancer, but she was still beautiful. So, yeah, I just can't see a cat as ugly. lol

As to what I think is cute...well...that goes a long way. Of course I think each and everyone of my cats (and my "neices and nephews" kitties) are absolutely gorgeous. But between my cats and all my close friends' cats there are soooo many different looks. I am though a sucker for fluffy, calicos, silvers, and red heads. hehehe But I think every cat has something that makes THEM cute.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Cool Cat

hmmm....an ugly cat, well same here, I don't see cats as being ugly but when I was a kid there was a neighborhood cat called Popeye, that was oneryyyyyyy, it looked mean as all get out, it must have been in a few fights in its day. Popeye only had one eye and the mouth looked like it had a permanent snarl. Ah geez now I feel bad thinking about him.

Shari
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
There are cats that I think are beautiful, like black cats! Oh, how satiny they are. Of course I think Siamese cats are beautiful.

Since I read the story of "Ugly Cat," I will never think of a cat as ugly. How I wish I could have helped such a cat, but the sad thing is that he is everywhere. Read it, if you haven't already, but have the tissues handy.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2788

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM

That was a tear jerker Jeanie...But I must say NO cats are as beautiful as MY 2 cats
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4ever0407
anyway, as for cats that are cuter--i have an even softer spot for orange tabbies!!!!!! I LOVE orange tabbies, i don't know why, but they make my heart melt instantaneously. maybe it's due to my childhood obsession with garfeild.
You would love Minority then. And he is sweet as anything, eveyone spoils him either because he has attitude or he is really loving. As for an ugly cat there was a cat called Scrap. She hated everyone, for no reason, we had her since she was a kitten and nothing worked. However, she was pretty to look at, her personality was the ugly part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page