ugh! The landlord called and said she found stray cat owner - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

ugh! The landlord called and said she found stray cat owner

I am soooo upset. She just called and I was just starting to get ready to go to the vet with the cat. It turns out the owner was away on vacation and someone was house/cat sitting for her and assumed the cat was an outdoor cat and would just let it in once a day to feed it. The owner comes back tonite and is going to call me. I know I need to give the kitty back but I am pretty unimpressed. I have already fallen in love with this kitty and was ready to bring it to a vet. As it was I took the day off from work to bring kitty to the vet. I dunno..i'm just so upset and frustrated....any thing I should say to this person?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

let it in once a day to feed it i mean and then i stayed oustside the rest of the day/night.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

wait i did say that in the first one......i'm too upset to even type and comprehend what i'm typing....sorry for the rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Cat Addict

I understand why you're upset. What a bad pet-sitter... I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I'm glad the owner cares enough to ask for the cat back.

P.S. You can edit posts by hitting the "edit" button in the upper right-hand corner of your posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Yes, I responed to the original. The best way to keep threads organized would be to add the word "update" to the original thread title. We understand that you're upset, though.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

oh ok...sorry about that...i'll do that next time.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

BTW - Thank you all for keeping the kitty and myself in your thoughts, I really appreciate it.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM

Oh I am so sorry. I would give the cat owner a bit of my mind and the cat sitter. Sorry again you sounded like you really wantted the kitty as well.

However the up side is that you can now get the other little kitten that you were on about in your last posts.

Sorry to hear that again. *Hugs*
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope the person gets a better pet sitter! Poor kitty. Poor you!
But as Baby said, now you can take home one of the kittens and not feel torn

Victoria
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

yeah..although I really do love this kitty. I am pretty upset by this. I wonder if the onwer told the sitter not to let it out. I had never seen this cat until recently so it must have been an indoor cat strictly. The cat does seem a bit on the skinny side and it has scabs and red patches under its chin. It looks a bit mangy. I don't think it's cared for that well in either case. The cat actually looks a lot like willis did when I first got him. My boyfriend notices this as well. It also looks like it has a black scab on the right side of its anus. I just feel bad for the cat. i know i could give it a better home. It doesn't seem to miss its old home. It adapted super fast here. It doesn't sit in the window or cry or anything. It hops into my lap and purrs.....Not to mention I talked to the pet sitter at noon today and its now 7 and neither the pet sitter or the owners (who are arriving sometime this evening from vacation) have contacted me yet. I dont' want to just put the cat back outside. Maybe I should. I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page