Flees - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Flees

Hello all,
Im a newbie here. Im Julie from pittsburgh pa and I have 3 cats in my house. I have moved the litter boxes to the basement which is damp and moist. I have noticed that there are "FLEES" in the Litter boxes. What can I do? Shall I move the boxes back upstairs or what? I haven't noticed flees on the cats but apparently they must have flees...

HELP...
Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Banned

Are you sure they're fleas? I don't know what a flea would want in a litter box.

(actual size = 1/8 inch)

There are lots of different kinds of bugs that inhabit basements and might find something tasty in a litterbox, but since a flea sucks blood, the only fleas to be found in litterboxes would be dead fleas that fell off of a cat, and I can't for the life of me imagine how you'd even spot them in the litter, they're so small. But I suppose it's possible.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Hmmmm

Well, I always thought Flees Jumped? well whatever these little critters are are jumping around like flees..but I don't know really what they are.....I don't see any flees on the cats though..Could it be something to do with a Damp Basement and the litter being down there. Now there is some dirt down there in the basement as it isnt' fully finished...Hmm confused now...

HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
There are explicit directions in this link which explain how to rid the house of fleas. If you don't, they'll be back. You will have to put the cats in carriers and get them out of the house, because after you treat the cats, you will have to rid the house of fleas. If you have only one cat carrier, perhaps someone has a cage you could borrow. Don't take chances. Here are the directions:

http://www.epinions.com/content_2263064708

Good luck!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

You want to be sure they're fleas before you treat the cats and the house. Catch one and take it to your vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page