Possible Stray! -Update! - Great news! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Possible Stray! -Update! - Great news!

The owner got back from vacation today and was very thankful that I cared for her kitty since the pet sitter did not. She was very nice and concerned for the cat. However she did say that the cat does not seem to like her and that the cat was taken in by her from a friend that was going to send it to the humane society. So she asked me if I wanted the kitty. and of course I said YES!!!!!

she said the cat was spayed and up to date on shots. She is going to call me tonite or tomorrow to see the kitty one more time and drop off its toy. I am going to try and find out more about its medical history because i just made an apt. to the vet for a physical and possible shots.

I'm sooooo happy! thank you all for your support and advice. It means so much to me and the kitties. I will keep you updated on the kitties vet apt. and progress with my kitty Willis. So far they only know that there is another cat in the apartment from crying and the scent of the kitty on me. Once Lily gets to the vet I am going to keep the process of introducing going nice and slow.

thanks again!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Can you have her drop off the kitty's food / litterbox/ all the other things that the kitty had?

The kitty probably liked her old litterbox better. You'll have an idea about what food she was eating, and she would be in a more familiar with her environment.

Congrats.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

The owner told me that the cat had no real personal belongings other than a stuffed bear cat toy which she plans to drop off soon. I bought a covered cat pan from petco today and she hoped right in as soon as I poured the litter and went pee. I have been giving her Pet Guard canned and Innova dry and she chows it down ...licking the bowl thoroughly. She adapted so quickly to the environment we gave her and us. She just a few minutes ago when I went to check on her hopped up into my lap and started suckling and kneading on me again and purring. She is sooo cute. I bought a brush too and gave her a good brushing and she loved it.

thanks for the advice though Shengmei. I would have taken your advice if she wasn't adapting well but she just made herself right at home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a great turn of events! Yay! Did she use the litter box yet? I just answered your old thread, and then found this great update!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

Ain't it funny how things turn out the way they're supposed to? What great news!
Congratulations!!!!!

Victoria
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Premier Cat

I just posted on the old thread too. I was checking when I got home if there was any news. This is so great! Happy ending. Im so glad for you.
We want to hear what the vet says also. We need pictures of her with her new family!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 03:52 AM

Wow that is excellent news, I thought this would have a great ending
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 AM

I am so pleased for you, that everything turned out for the better.

Hope you and both your kitty have a happy life together and loads of fun.

Keep us updated please

Congrats again :
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

She did start using the makeshift litter box I made and then yesterday I bought her a real one (a covered one in fact which I wasn't sure she would like) and after I poured the litter in she jumped right in and did her business.

thanks again everyone!!

I will post some more pics soon.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:57 PM

Great News!
I'm glad things worked out so well.
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page